Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06> / C30 '07-'12 General
Register Members CarsBlogs Help Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

S40 / V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06> / C30 '07-'12 General Forum for the S40 / V50 '04> / C70 '06> /C30 '07> models.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Saying goodbye to my C30 T5

Views : 534

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 14th, 2020, 18:42   #11
deepsix
Member
 
deepsix's Avatar
 

Last Online: Yesterday 20:12
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Romsey
Default

Good luck with sale. That is a stunning car and in a different league to the ebay one IMHO.
__________________
1973 1800ES
2017 V90 CC D5 power pulse. Polestar and lots of toys.

I'm a Hornithologist, I love exotic birds.
deepsix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deepsix For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 14th, 2020, 22:30   #12
kmb
Member
 

Last Online: Yesterday 18:42
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Suffolk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsix View Post
Good luck with sale. That is a stunning car and in a different league to the ebay one IMHO.
I'd agree, not comparable at all - Price looks more than reasonable to me as I always watch them when they appear. Not many manual C30 T5's to choose from either!

Mint cars are not usually sold on eBay
__________________
1996 850 T5, now 2010 C30 T5 R Design
kmb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kmb For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 09:58   #13
Markos01
Senior Member
 
Markos01's Avatar
 

Last Online: Yesterday 22:19
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: London
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMelon View Post
How's the sale going?

Had any bites?

EDIT: Looking online do you think it's priced a bit high?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/volvo-c30...8AAOSwSeVeE1mz
Ooh a loaded question FM!

I think it's def top end, but I also think it's the best on sale and probably one of the nicest in the country... but the economy isn't great and it's Jan so maybe it's not the best time to sell. I have one guy very interested, viewing it this weekend. If no deal then I either drop the price or take back to standard over the course of a few weeks... in which case the price will definitely be lower. Thoughts?
__________________
2010 C30 T5
Markos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 10:34   #14
domhart10
Volvo S40
 
domhart10's Avatar
 

Last Online: Yesterday 16:36
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Chichester
Default

price is a tough question cause you are after the more petrol headed people now as the majority want great mpg and the latest tech which these dont even compare to.

So if im in the market for the 2.5 engine, you might struggle as even though yours might be a rare car ... just across you have the ST's which are selling for less online with a much bigger and modern spec than yours and delivering more power ... If you visit the ST/RS FB page you will see they are constantly selling and being snapped up.

I recon yours would sell for that price, but you would really have to wait for that perfect person only wanting a C30, in white and a manual T5 which isnt that common but they will defenitly appear ... just depends how long you want to wait.

I would say keep it as it is really and wait till the summer to see if you start to get more interest.
__________________
-----------------------------------------
Current: 2009 Volvo S40 T5
Progress Thread: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=271945

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 10:55   #15
Markos01
Senior Member
 
Markos01's Avatar
 

Last Online: Yesterday 22:19
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: London
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by domhart10 View Post
price is a tough question cause you are after the more petrol headed people now as the majority want great mpg and the latest tech which these dont even compare to.

So if im in the market for the 2.5 engine, you might struggle as even though yours might be a rare car ... just across you have the ST's which are selling for less online with a much bigger and modern spec than yours and delivering more power ... If you visit the ST/RS FB page you will see they are constantly selling and being snapped up.

I recon yours would sell for that price, but you would really have to wait for that perfect person only wanting a C30, in white and a manual T5 which isnt that common but they will defenitly appear ... just depends how long you want to wait.

I would say keep it as it is really and wait till the summer to see if you start to get more interest.
The C30 is a bit of a quirky under-the-radar-car, and reviews say the T5 it's not as accomplished as an ST in terms of being a driver's car, but I wouldn't really touch an ST: not a fan of the image, the looks or the interior, and I've had much quicker, focussed cars so outright pace or handling wasn't key for me, and unless you track it it's not really an issue... At the right price this car will shift, I'm just letting the price reflect the provenance/condition/spec of it, which in the first couple of weeks is fine to do IMO. If no dice then I drop/return to standard as even performance cars a have bigger market when standard.

As for holding on till spring/summer, I just don't need two big-ish engined cars for long journeys and come April 3 doors won't work and the Beemer estate will be needed. If you factor in running costs over the next few months vs getting a good price in better weather it's swings and roundabouts.

I'm lucky in that I'm not in a mad rush to sell, and I am fully aware I've put it for top end money which I think the car genuinely backs up being as objective about it as possible. So in my mind: try to sell for good money, then drop or return to standard after two weeks. Chances are it will go off sale after this weekend for 3 weeks whilst it get's put back to standard. I have all the original parts bar the suspension (bought the car with the Koni/Eibach set up) but I've got a couple of options of picking up an original suspension already

Whoever buys it will be getting a lovely car, and I am biased but I do think what a stunning looking car!
__________________
2010 C30 T5
Markos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 11:04   #16
FunkyMelon
Master Member
 

Last Online: Yesterday 15:35
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: South
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos01 View Post
Ooh a loaded question FM! Thoughts?
It's a hard one, I think those after a 5 pot turbo will automatically go for the Focus ST and not give the Volvo a thought.

IMO, most get the Volvo because they're essentially the same car for less money. High spec/sleeper image is just a bonus but I wouldn't say those after an ST care about that.

Sadly, you can get quite a few ST's of the same age/similar mileage as yours for the same price/bit less than yours, which puts yours in the market for someone who is adamant they want a Volvo C30 T5 and is willing to pay for the right one, that's about it really.

T5 prices are rock bottom at the moment, so it's a tough sell, I'm sure it'll go though
__________________
2006 Volvo S40 T5 SE Sport
FunkyMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 11:15   #17
Markos01
Senior Member
 
Markos01's Avatar
 

Last Online: Yesterday 22:19
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: London
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMelon View Post
It's a hard one, I think those after a 5 pot turbo will automatically go for the Focus ST and not give the Volvo a thought.

IMO, most get the Volvo because they're essentially the same car for less money. High spec/sleeper image is just a bonus but I wouldn't say those after an ST care about that.

Sadly, you can get quite a few ST's of the same age/similar mileage as yours for the same price/bit less than yours, which puts yours in the market for someone who is adamant they want a Volvo C30 T5 and is willing to pay for the right one, that's about it really.

T5 prices are rock bottom at the moment, so it's a tough sell, I'm sure it'll go though
Interesting thoughts FM. I am very possibly in the minority as someone who had/has zero interest in an ST, but appreciate there may well be many ST wannabe-owners who go for a T5 due to price. I'd have thought the staid Volvo image would have put them off to be honest but that just my opinion.

We'll see what happens over the next few days/weeks: ultimately the market will decide its value
__________________
2010 C30 T5
Markos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 11:33   #18
lockstock
Member
 

Last Online: Today 01:19
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: london
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos01 View Post
The C30 is a bit of a quirky under-the-radar-car, and reviews say the T5 it's not as accomplished as an ST in terms of being a driver's car, but I wouldn't really touch an ST: not a fan of the image, the looks or the interior, and I've had much quicker, focussed cars so outright pace or handling wasn't key for me, and unless you track it it's not really an issue... At the right price this car will shift, I'm just letting the price reflect the provenance/condition/spec of it, which in the first couple of weeks is fine to do IMO. If no dice then I drop/return to standard as even performance cars a have bigger market when standard.

As for holding on till spring/summer, I just don't need two big-ish engined cars for long journeys and come April 3 doors won't work and the Beemer estate will be needed. If you factor in running costs over the next few months vs getting a good price in better weather it's swings and roundabouts.

I'm lucky in that I'm not in a mad rush to sell, and I am fully aware I've put it for top end money which I think the car genuinely backs up being as objective about it as possible. So in my mind: try to sell for good money, then drop or return to standard after two weeks. Chances are it will go off sale after this weekend for 3 weeks whilst it get's put back to standard. I have all the original parts bar the suspension (bought the car with the Koni/Eibach set up) but I've got a couple of options of picking up an original suspension already

Whoever buys it will be getting a lovely car, and I am biased but I do think what a stunning looking car!
it's a beautiful car, hopefully you will get the asking. I'd expect if you can spend the time you will get more money if you return car partly to standard. Reasoning... You will get book price for the car still as a true buyer wont be put off by standard wheels, but also wont pay a premium for non standard wheels. Also, if real BBS rims, you will get excellent money for them off the car. If the other parts you remove are similar quality and compatible with focus ST you will also get a good price for them. Lastly, you can command better prices for the parts as I'm assuming you can store them and wait longer for the right price.

Downside is your time is worth money and returning car to standard, and multiple sale items is all hassle. lovely car mate, hope it sells easy
lockstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 11:41   #19
Markos01
Senior Member
 
Markos01's Avatar
 

Last Online: Yesterday 22:19
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: London
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
it's a beautiful car, hopefully you will get the asking. I'd expect if you can spend the time you will get more money if you return car partly to standard. Reasoning... You will get book price for the car still as a true buyer wont be put off by standard wheels, but also wont pay a premium for non standard wheels. Also, if real BBS rims, you will get excellent money for them off the car. If the other parts you remove are similar quality and compatible with focus ST you will also get a good price for them. Lastly, you can command better prices for the parts as I'm assuming you can store them and wait longer for the right price.

Downside is your time is worth money and returning car to standard, and multiple sale items is all hassle. lovely car mate, hope it sells easy
Thanks. For me it's all about Time vs Money vs Hassle... getting it sold as is would be ideal. This weekend will determine that as it will then be two weeks which in my experience is all it should take, otherwise you make changes.
__________________
2010 C30 T5
Markos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 11:51   #20
domhart10
Volvo S40
 
domhart10's Avatar
 

Last Online: Yesterday 16:36
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Chichester
Default

Stick it up on all the volvo Facebook pages, there are millions of volvo facebook pages now which is weird but I know a few groups in there are people hunting around and waiting for the perfect T5 to appear.

When I looked for mine I waited till the prime example appeared, well looked after, in near mint condition etc etc similar to yours and I dropped my previous S40 2.0D within a heartbeat. These appear very rarely so it might be a good idea getting your ad out to the more specialist groups.

volvotuningnet
volvo600
There is a north one, and a south one and a west one and an east one
etc etc , so many of these silly pages now its crazy with all the same people in them just with different admin.
__________________
-----------------------------------------
Current: 2009 Volvo S40 T5
Progress Thread: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=271945

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to domhart10 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
c30 t5, for sale, r-design


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:26.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.