Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

240 Front seat repair help

Views : 321

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 25th, 2021, 12:03   #1
Ling

Default 240 Front seat repair help

Hello all Keelan here, my driver's seat back support foam has split from the frame on the left hand side. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good company to get something like that fixed or where I could buy a new back piece entirely. If any of you have had a similar issue and got it fixed I would appreciate your opinion on the best way to get this sorted.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll try to give more information.

Thanks all.
Ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 12:47   #2
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Hello. All I know re this is, it has been said in the forum that the passenger seat is a straight swap for the driver seat. So in your situation I would thnk about getting a sound condition passenger seat. Either use it or canibalise it.

Good luck and enjoy

Stephen

—Bertrand Russell
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 16:50   #3
Ling

Thank you for your response, you wouldn't happen to know anywhere that might sell a front seat. even just the upper foam.

thanks.
Ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 19:24   #4
Bob Meadows
Premier Member

If you do a search you should find a detailed repair procedure for the seats:~
Not sure if it was this forum that I took the details from but you should find it.
The foam is not that unusual regarding splitting but can repaired and the seats reinforced with a heavy weight cloth such as calico- this is glued into place and does make a real difference.
The procedure isn't that difficult just a bit long winded (I used heat resistant spray glue) and rather than the hog rings used small cable ties.
Additional webbing is also a worthwhile task.
The covers also respond to being washed in warm water & detergent- not a hot wash-do them by hand.
One link is here:~
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...ht=front+seats

https://forums.tbforums.com/showthread.php?t=195389
Hope it helps.
Bob.

Last edited by Bob Meadows; Apr 25th, 2021 at 19:31.
Bob Meadows is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 20:23   #5
Othen
Premier Member

I wonder whether this might help:

The seats are pretty easy to remove and take apart. As Bob suggested above you could probably affect a repair yourself with some foam and fabric.

Alan
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 16:08   #6
braindamage

If you want to take the route of purchasing a seat, and dont mind using facebook, there is a 'volvo 240 owners uk' group that has quite a few things for sale and cars often breaking. You could put a post on there saying you are looking for a good seat, but the condition is always hard to judge like that and one persons good could be another persons bad.
braindamage is offline   Reply With Quote