Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D5 PowerPulse pipe bursting

Views : 15588

Replies : 64

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 20th, 2020, 11:05   #41
Roosterb

Quote:
Originally Posted by big square car View Post
That doesn't good. How many miles had you done. What exactly did they replace?
42k miles. Replaced parts mentioned above.
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 22:21   #42
ZenSpeedmaster

I bought a V90 CC a couple of weeks ago and it now has a burst PP hose. It burst at the joint under the air box which seems to be very common. It has 98,200kms so just within warranty.

The part that the PP hose connects to under/near the air box has a part number of 31492239 and it is called an exhaust gas pressure sensor apparently. This confused the bejasus out of me and sent me on an awful wild goose chase! I assumed it was part of the DPF differential pressure sensing system and my research went in that direction. I posted a couple of pics on SweedSpeed and one of the members gave me the nod towards the PP system which is how I came to find this great thread.

Any news on the extended warranty for this PP hose? The car is going in on Monday week for the fix so I will quiz them then.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2021-01-17 13.07.13.jpg (175.1 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg 2021-01-16 14.32.38.jpg (149.2 KB, 120 views)
Old Mar 16th, 2021, 13:43   #43
JEFFBOND

Default I have joined the PPP Club ....

My 2019 XC90 D5 went in for its '2nd year major service ' - 10788 miles since new (!!!!)
Apparently there was a message on the computer advising a PP fault. I had no idea of any change in performance or noise and initially the tech couldn't find a fault ,,,, eventually tracing it to a burst pipe (presumably the less accessible area at the rear of the engine ?)

Anyway, aside from lockdowns limiting my mileage to well below any i have ever had in 45 years of driving,,, and being slightly miffed at the idea of a major service ... I sill love my beast. Lets hope the new hose is upgraded and fit for purpose.

Jeff
JEFFBOND is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JEFFBOND For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 16th, 2021, 17:10   #44
Tony Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSpeedmaster View Post

Any news on the extended warranty for this PP hose? The car is going in on Monday week for the fix so I will quiz them then.
My understanding is that the 12 month extension to 48 months only applies if you had a PP hose failure in the first 36 months. In my case I had a failure midway through the fourth year: not covered even though I have a Volvo Extended Warranty because it is a hose. BUT the nice people at Holdcroft in Stoke said they would see what they could do and within 30 minutes had an offer from Volvo to pay 95%, leaving me with the huge bill of £15.73. Because I paid something, the part is under warranty for 12 months. I think having the Volvo Warranty helped.

I also understand that the first modified hose Volvo introduced simply changed the end that blew off (clever). Holdcroft have seen no failures with the latest version introduced Autumn 2019 (hope I remembered that date correctly).

Hope this helps.

MY2020 Volvo S90 Inscription Plus D4, Osmium Grey, Winter Pack and other bits and pieces
Tony Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tony Harrison For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 17th, 2021, 00:20   #45
Moonlanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Harrison View Post
My understanding is that the 12 month extension to 48 months only applies if you had a PP hose failure in the first 36 months. In my case I had a failure midway through the fourth year: not covered even though I have a Volvo Extended Warranty because it is a hose. BUT the nice people at Holdcroft in Stoke said they would see what they could do and within 30 minutes had an offer from Volvo to pay 95%, leaving me with the huge bill of £15.73. Because I paid something, the part is under warranty for 12 months. I think having the Volvo Warranty helped.

I also understand that the first modified hose Volvo introduced simply changed the end that blew off (clever). Holdcroft have seen no failures with the latest version introduced Autumn 2019 (hope I remembered that date correctly).

Hope this helps.
Tony, I have to book mine into Holdcroft for its first service. Do you happen to know if they are doing courtesy cars at the moment? I'll ask anyway, but to be forewarned... Thanks.
Old Mar 17th, 2021, 10:01   #46
Tony Harrison

Morning Moonlanders

Sorry, I've not used Holdcroft since last October-ish and my first service with them is not due until this October so I don't know what their current regime is.

MY2020 Volvo S90 Inscription Plus D4, Osmium Grey, Winter Pack and other bits and pieces
Tony Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2021, 13:25   #47
Moonlanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Harrison View Post
Morning Moonlanders

Sorry, I've not used Holdcroft since last October-ish and my first service with them is not due until this October so I don't know what their current regime is.
No worries. When I ring them to find out I will post for information. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moonlanders For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 19th, 2021, 01:25   #48
Graham1964

My 2019 XC90 was in at Holdcroft for 2nd service (also needed new pp hose under warranty) a few weeks ago and I had a fully sanitised courtesy car - a T8 S60 estate.
Graham1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Graham1964 For This Useful Post:
Old May 2nd, 2021, 14:47   #49
weemark

Oh well - up on the single track road in the hills trying to find migrant birds on Friday, so driving very slowly between spots i use ... yep Powerpulse hose blew, thought initially a tyre had gone. Car due a service in a couple of weeks so called the garage to get them to add the PP hose to the jobsheet - also given this is the 3rd that's gone, and less than 15k miles since the last replacement, I made it clear I wouldn't be expecting to pay for this ongoing nonsense, would expect Volvo UK to pick up the tab. If they don't the hose won't be replaced and will px the car for something else (non-Volvo)
Old May 6th, 2021, 19:28   #50
Zidane

This subject has has got me worried.

I'm currently looking at 2nd hand D5 XC60's, looking to maybe get one in the next month and I'm now thinking I should stay well clear.

Is there any positive news at all on the re-engineered hose at all or are they blowing as well?
Zidane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burst, d5 engine, explode, power pulse, powerpulse