Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VOC Subscription renewal

Views : 1564

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 15:48   #1
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Default VOC Subscription renewal

It's time to renew my VOC subscription again, last time there was a 2 year option which saved a few £'s, it was straight forward and a one off card payment.
This time there is only a one year subscription offered and payment is via a company called Stripe which I think is a USA based company.

To buy the subscription you have to add your bank card details and save them, I am not happy doing this (unless I can delete my card details after purchase).
I have rang VOC who could not sell direct and suggested buying from my dealer, my dealer do not do this, I contacted Volvo customer services and they do not sell or could not answer my question "can I delete my bank card details from Stripe after purchasing"

Has anyone on here renewed their VOC subscription via Stripe and if so can you delete your bank card details.

I also wonder if there is a reason (other than charging more) not to offer a 2 year subscription, will older cars still be supported after next year. I use remote start and other VOC features a lot and would not like to be without it.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 16:16   #2
gaby
Premier Member

Strange, the UK volvo website shows that renewal for 2 years is possible:
The cost to renew / extend your subscription is:
1 Year Subscription £34.90 incl VAT
2 Year Subscription £59.90 incl VAT
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/About/H.../Volvo-on-call
The Belgian website adds "depending on the market"...
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 16:19   #3
rxtian

It's hassle, but you could get a pre-paid card and just pay with that.
rxtian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rxtian For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 17:18   #4
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaby View Post
Strange, the UK volvo website shows that renewal for 2 years is possible:
The cost to renew / extend your subscription is:
1 Year Subscription £34.90 incl VAT
2 Year Subscription £59.90 incl VAT
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/About/H.../Volvo-on-call
The Belgian website adds "depending on the market"...
Yes but on the email I received it only offered a one year option, when I enquired via phone to VOC they said we are not offering two years, the website may offer the two years further in but you have to put card details in and save them before proceeding any further to see.
I bought the two year subscription when my car 3 years free subscription was up, now time to renew again.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.

Last edited by nu11eaf; Apr 22nd, 2021 at 17:21.
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 17:26   #5
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxtian View Post
It's hassle, but you could get a pre-paid card and just pay with that.
Volvo have a habit of making things awkward for customers. They get something that works perfectly and simple and then alter it to make it useless
My volvo is another thing they spoilt, it was a good site then they changed that to make it not worth logging in to.
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 17:38   #6
GJB
Premier Member

Thumbs up

Renewed mine for 2 years at the end of last November could not do via my local dealer they wanted to sell me the warranty they do at £100 pounds more so contacted Volvo customer services and the got the Volvo dealer in Peterborough to contacted me and did it all over the phone and was in fact cheaper than the original offer.
MY10 XC90 D5 R design Red MY04 XC90 D5 SE RED
95 940 2 ltr D Silver Auto /84 740 2ltr D Red
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GJB For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 19:12   #7
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

We came across Stripe just recently when trying to book a ticket to a local country house. We had done it many times before and used paypal. Then my o/h went on and said she was getting this stripe thing. I found there was a glitch on the browser she was using and using a different browser brought up the paypal.option again. So maybe try on a different browser? Try going direct to the website and not following a link from an email.
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 19:27   #8
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
We came across Stripe just recently when trying to book a ticket to a local country house. We had done it many times before and used paypal. Then my o/h went on and said she was getting this stripe thing. I found there was a glitch on the browser she was using and using a different browser brought up the paypal.option again. So maybe try on a different browser? Try going direct to the website and not following a link from an email.
Thanks, have tried alternative browser and direct to website all direct you to saving bank card details.
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 11:24   #9
Crockers
Premier Member

Use a virtual one use credit card. I can get them on my Revolut account.
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 14:46   #10
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockers View Post
Use a virtual one use credit card. I can get them on my Revolut account.
?. I am a dinosaur, only have debit card never had a credit card. Revolut ?, all a bit new fangled, come back my old world.