Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 2.0D is now driving like a slug!!!

Views : 15365

Replies : 50

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 29th, 2012, 12:07   #21
SimonBall

Default Vacuum hose

Thank you so much! I can't believe it was so simple. For me it was simply a case of finding that hose (it looks a bit different on my 2005 V50 2.0d to the photo) and reattaching it to the nipple. Must have been dislodged during my recent aircon service. You've saved me a fortune and a stack of time.
SimonBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 12:19   #22
SimonBall

Default Vacuum hose

It's here on the v50 2.0d (2005). A narrow black tube that attaches underneath at the front left of the valve (circled below).

Edit: IGNORE THIS PHOTO. USE ONE LATER IN THREAD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4751 copy.jpg (91.4 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by SimonBall; Jul 29th, 2012 at 12:50.
The Following User Says Thank You to SimonBall For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 12:23   #23
laurieh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonBall View Post
It's here on the v50 2.0d (2005). A narrow black tube that attaches underneath at the front left of the valve (circled below).
Hi Simon,

Will get some replacement hose for that, did you have poor acceleration issues?? before replacing this
laurieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 12:33   #24
SimonBall

Default Vacuum hose

Yes; it was like the turbo wasn't engaging at all. Struggled to get beyond 60 and up hills. I popped the tube back on and it's like having a new engine. The hose is rather loose. I might pop a cable tie on before it goes AWOL.
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 12:44   #25
laurieh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonBall View Post
Yes; it was like the turbo wasn't engaging at all. Struggled to get beyond 60 and up hills. I popped the tube back on and it's like having a new engine. The hose is rather loose. I might pop a cable tie on before it goes AWOL.
I have checked mine and it seems like someone previous had fitted a new section of hose as there is a join nipple in the pipe line, the end is also loose so i think maybe they used a slightly bigger hose. Have tried to cable tie to the manifold nipple end but still having issues. I might try and replace with a new hose.

Cheers
Laurie
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 12:48   #26
SimonBall

Default Oops - I remembered the location wrong. New photo

New photo attached, now with cable clip!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1582.jpg (290.1 KB, 51 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to SimonBall For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 13:16   #27
MikeLB

Surprised they changed the design of the inlet manifold on the engine so quickly but does explain some issues I have have buying service parts, but hopefully the pipe check will save people money - even the slightest gap or damage will affect engine performance so ensure it is a one piece length of hose you put back in

It really is a bit of a bad design if you ask me, the route is terrible and the original hose isn't that great quality.

Last edited by MikeLB; Jul 29th, 2012 at 13:20.
MikeLB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeLB For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 14:33   #28
laurieh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLB View Post
Surprised they changed the design of the inlet manifold on the engine so quickly but does explain some issues I have have buying service parts, but hopefully the pipe check will save people money - even the slightest gap or damage will affect engine performance so ensure it is a one piece length of hose you put back in

It really is a bit of a bad design if you ask me, the route is terrible and the original hose isn't that great quality.
Will shop around for this pipe, on checking i did remove the plastic pipe going to the manifold/ Rad(the one in your photo) and the rubber ring around the jubilee clip was split in so many places so will shop for that to and keep you updated.
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 18:26   #29
Ninja59
Probably Akita's Toyboy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLB View Post

i think it is to do with the DPF is it not...because i know if you have two pipes then you have a DPF the one pipe is a none DPF car.

mine a 2009 Euro 4: -

Ninja59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 22:37   #30
MikeLB

No my engine inlet is different to that pictured but has no DPF, but then again my car is half way between the Mk1 and Mk2 - I call it Mk1.5 due to the differences!
MikeLB is offline   Reply With Quote