Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Big Meeting Fell Through

Views : 4899

Replies : 66

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 18:22   #1
Matt30462

Default Big Meeting Fell Through

Hello folks!
Just wondered if anyone would be interested in a big meeting next year? I was arranging a "National Meet" over on VPCUK. Unfortunately the numbers never materialised so it kind of died a death. However, a very good deal was made available if we got enough people that were interested. We would need 75+ bookings which would give us a huge discount for the break. The venue is Thorpe Park, Cleethorpes on the weekend of 28th Sept 2007. Three night accomodation in on-site caravans, full use of all facilities and a damn good chance of a couple of evening sessions in the bars. A few things were taking shape regarding some little events on the Saturday.
Just for quick reference, prices for the weekend varied by accomodation but at the top end, 8.....thats EIGHT people could have a weekend break for about £100.00. That works out at about £4.00 per person per night. As the offer is still there, I thought it would be a terrible waste just to let go without offering everyone on here the chance. There are further details over on VPCUK for anyone who fancies a look. If there is interest, everyone will have to look sharp, as there is a deadline of October 31st, although more bookings can be added after that date if required.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:05   #2
bb54
diy bhp

hi Matt, at those prices, ill have some.
only 73 more needed.

wayne

auto 96 T5
tweaked n ratted
bb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:19   #3
MissDMeanor
Corruption rules

Hi Matt, how's you and the lovely Olive?

I'd be interested in this.....are dogs allowed on the site?
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:29   #4
Matt30462

Well done that man. There are many members that are using both sites, so there is every chance that some who already had their names down will still want to join in. I'm pleased you liked the prices, I thought it was a "no brainer" to turn down. If there is enough interest, I will "copy & paste" the details that were already in place.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:36   #5
Matt30462

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDMeanor View Post
Hi Matt, how's you and the lovely Olive?

I'd be interested in this.....are dogs allowed on the site?
Well.......Hellllloooo.
Olive is in need of a little TLC at the moment. Just silly little things but lack of funds is not helping.

As for dogs, you are allowed 2 dogs, but there is an additional cost of £20.00 per mutt. There are restrictions on certain breeds that are classed as fighting dogs. Argentinian something, brazilian Whatsit and japanese thingy...otherwise your run of the mill pooch is more than welcome.

Just a footnote, there is also a 50% discount on camping or touring caravans available plus day tickets for the locals.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:39   #6
Matt30462

Oh yes! For those that may be concerned that I might run of with their money or something. All payments will be handled by the Holiday Park. Your discounted price would be activated by quoting an offer code by phone booking direct with Haven Holidays.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:42   #7
SIAMBLUE
Premier Member

Hi can you put us down for this as well? where the hell is Cleethorpes?

V70 P2 facelift D5 6sp manual E4 Sport SE Ocean Race Blue pearl (2005) 97k, standard.
SIAMBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:45   #8
Matt30462

Default Some Details

SATURDAY 29th SEPTEMBER 2007

THORPE PARK, CLEETHORPES, LINCS.

Weekend accomodation 28th, 29th, 30th available as follows:
Accomodation
Accomodation Sleeps Offer Price
3* 2 Bedroom 6 £80
3* 3 Bedroom 8 £90
4* 2 Bedroom 6 £80
4* 3 Bedroom 8 £90
Silver 2 Bedroom 6 £90
Silver 3 Bedroom 8 £95
Gold 2 Bedroom 4 £95
Gold 3 Bedroom 6 £110

All prices are for the WEEKEND. Based on a 3 night stay. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Pricing is based on a 3 night stay in self-catering accommodation. Prices include linen and entertainment passes, but do not include any additional facilities or equipment required.

Camping by arrangement. Offer price for Touring Caravans or Tent 50% discount on usual prices.

Events for the day are to be advised at a later date

CAMPERS & TOURERS
You will have a slightly different process to follow, a deal has been arranged to allow those who wish to "rough it", to get a 50% discount on their break. This will be made by the member themselves once they have been given an offer code and telephone contact at the park.
For prices of camping and touring, see this link. Don't forget, your 50% discount.
http://www.touringholidays.co.uk/Par...kname=parklist

DAY TICKETS
Some of you may well be thinking of attending, but not staying overnight. At this time, I believe this to be an available option. However clarification is required by the park as to the price for an entertainment pass. I include the option here and will offer full details when I have them.

I suggest for your information, you follow this link to see what Thorpe Park offers visitors.

http://www.havenholidays.com/Parks/Y...ire/thorpepark
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:01   #9
MissDMeanor
Corruption rules

Thanks for all the info Matt - poor Olive, she looks fine in the Gallery

Anyway, I have one run of the mill dog and one won't fit in the mill dog....a Great Dane I'm guessing would not be allowed?
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:07   #10
Matt30462

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIAMBLUE View Post
Hi can you put us down for this as well? where the hell is Cleethorpes?
Hello Siam, you were already down on VPCUK. Mind you, it looks like we will be starting again so your name is duly noted.
Cleethorpes by the way is on the Lincolnshire coast, next to Grimsby. There is a good post on VPCUK "National Meet-Up" showing other facilities near the park.