Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Big Meeting Fell Through

Views : 4904

Replies : 66

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 15:52   #21
Matt30462

Well done folks! A lively start and if it continues like this then 75 will be a doddle.

OK, IF......IF we get the numbers we require it will work like this:

1. Get your confirmation listed down here. We do not need to know the accomodation class you want as YOU will be booking by phone, however we will need to know the type, static, touring, camping or day ticket (this information will have to be given to the park for me to activate the discounts) no personal information is required by us as you will be booking individually.

2. On confirmation there are enough takers I will confirm the booking with the park. At this time they will give me a booking code that you MUST use when you book.

3. Those wishing to attend will be given a direct dial number to the group bookings dept of Haven who will take your booking and go through deposit/payment details. NO money for the accomodation will be handled by anyone but the park. Further events on the day/s may involve the request for small donations/payments at the members discretion.

4. Everyone WILL have a good time and much food and drink will be quaffed.

Good start, keep 'em coming.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 15:58   #22
V70 driver
V70 driver

Wink Meeting

Lincolnshire has loads of disused airfields, lots of tarmac or concrete and wide open spaces, surely the local council would welcome the opportunity to make a few bob. (providing none of your are easily frightened by any ghostly airmen !)
Only a suggestion I spend a lot of time in the Louth region and there are a handfull of old aerodromes in that area. Would you like me to make some enquiries? Don't want to tread on your toes.
Cheers
V70 driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt30462 View Post
If we get enough, there will be a deposit (50% I think) payable on or around the end of October, or the full amount can be paid.

Any ideas for events are welcome, we are of course thinking of the usual car club stuff, best car, best mod, best this and best that etc. We would want to make use of the park facilities , 5 -a-side,golf,tennis etc. It looks like the boys in blue might make an appearance in a RTP T5. There should be some aerial photo's of all the cars. Regarding the main event/s, I would appeal to any members on here, that live in the area of Cleethorpes/Grimsby, to see if they could identify somewhere we can assemble enmasse and preferably have a play, things like a towing competion etc. My ideal venue would be some farmers field. I forsee a small charge per vehicle (£2.00 or so) that we can pay the owner and they can perhaps set up a BBQ or such to get themselves some revenue as an inducement. This could also allow for some of the Volvo fraternities budding superstars to provide some musical entertainment also. If anyone knows of such a place please let me know.
V70 driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 16:49   #23
davebslater(uk)
redbollock guru

howard patterson at rallydrive(gainsborough) is the nearest bookable venue - ive tried before , but didnt get very far .

if theres a meet at cleethorpes ill stay at me uncles just off the front , and go watch his local band play , plenty of chavs in this region!!!!

i might be able to help with more local enquiries .
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 17:37   #24
bb54
diy bhp

Maximum of 2 dogs.
Breeds not allowed: Pitbull Terrier, Dogo Argentino?? Fil Brassiliero?????? & Japanese Tosa.

hi Matt, i dont suppose enough details have been furnished to yourself concearning how stringent the rules are and how a member of staff would decide if a dog falls into the catagory of "dangerous" dogs, so because my amstaff/pitt is registered as a pitt with one USA kennel club and a amstaff with the other kennel club, could you be as kind as to post a contact # for haven so i can find out weather id need to take some sort of vets declaration saying he's not a pitt.

hes registerd at my vets as an english staff, but id want to make 100% sure over zealous park staff dont over ride the paperwork and refuse us entry.

dont worry peeps, those of you that have met him will agree... hes only a danger if your a bacon sandwich

cheers bud.
wayne

auto 96 T5
tweaked n ratted
bb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 18:02   #25
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb54 View Post

hi Matt, i dont suppose enough details have been furnished to yourself concearning how stringent the rules are and how a member of staff would decide if a dog falls into the catagory of "dangerous" dogs, so because my amstaff/pitt is registered as a pitt with one USA kennel club and a amstaff with the other kennel club, could you be as kind as to post a contact # for haven so i can find out weather id need to take some sort of vets declaration saying he's not a pitt.
lol...wayne im not so sure we should count you in the dangerous dogs catagory...we dont want you growling at anyone.....

hi matt, long time....i would be up for a weekend and will prob tag along with wayne (if thats ok wayne), depending obviously on dates etc...i doubt it will be joannes cup of tea...
by the way did you ever contact the dent man??
cheers
jod
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 18:48   #26
Matt30462

Quote:
Originally Posted by jod t5 View Post
lol...wayne im not so sure we should count you in the dangerous dogs catagory...we dont want you growling at anyone.....

hi matt, long time....i would be up for a weekend and will prob tag along with wayne (if thats ok wayne), depending obviously on dates etc...i doubt it will be joannes cup of tea...
by the way did you ever contact the dent man??
cheers
jod
Wayne, contact details below.
Thorpe Park Holiday Centre
Cleethorpes, North East
Lincolnshire, DN35 0PW
Tel: 01472 813 395

Jod, indeed it's been a while. How's things? As for the dent man, no I never got round to getting the dents done.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 18:57   #27
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt30462 View Post
Jod, indeed it's been a while. How's things? As for the dent man, no I never got round to getting the dents done.
never mind but i was waiting for your quality report..!!...i will try him soon no doubt as i am fed up wirh the supermarket dents every time i wash her..lol
jo and i are great btw and george is still reliving her first t5 meet at the ripe old age of 5 days....
hope i will see you there..
all the very best
jod
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 21:59   #28
arbee
Yellow member

still a 'yes' Matt - call me a floosey but I aint fussy where my name is down ....
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 22:09   #29
Matt30462

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbee View Post
still a 'yes' Matt - call me a floosey but I aint fussy where my name is down ....
Arbs, I have never pictured you as a floozy but a first time for everything.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 22:25   #30
bb54
diy bhp

cheers Matt.

he he jod, i only growl when a dog i dont know runs up and sniffs my rsss

wayne

auto 96 T5
tweaked n ratted
bb54 is offline   Reply With Quote