Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 T8 Just Got & Thoughts

Views : 2879

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 20th, 2019, 14:49   #1
DangerMUK
VOC Member

Smile XC60 T8 Just Got & Thoughts

Hi Guys,

Just picked up an XC60 T8 Inscription Pro with Polestar and a few other options.

Few thoughts, questions (asked one or two in other posts);

1) Got the Polestar on it but no idea how to tell I've got it, I'm guessing its been flashed but as I never drove an XC60 T8 before without it I have no idea of the difference, my fault I guess!

2) Is it normal even with decent Michelin tyres to have a bit of wheel slip here and there? Doesn't do it in some modes does in others?

3) I set the suspension to automatic lowering when you park it, you can hear something going on near the boot area quite noticeably - is this normal on XC60s/Volvos for the air suspension?

4) Got the OnCall stuff all setup and put a SIM in the car seems to be sort of working so that's s cool!

5) Got the standard Inscription Pro 20" wheels on the car, bit crashy around London - guessing the 22" would make it infinitely worse? Does power mode stiffen the suspension as well (which is what I've got selected).

6) Sensus connect can be a bit touch and go, locks up a bit etc, is there a way to see what version I'm on and to know the latest version?

7) Is it just me or is the console above your head with the SOS and OnCall buttons on it angled for left hand drive cars?

Any other hints/tips for a new owner would be much appreciated and cool forum!

Thanks
DM
DangerMUK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DangerMUK For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 20th, 2019, 20:40   #2
DangerMUK
VOC Member

Oh and as I can't edit my original post, any ideas on the in-car modem in MY19 cars?

I'm guessing its 4G but any idea of the category of the modem? I can do a Speedtest I guess from a connected device.
Old Jan 20th, 2019, 23:08   #3
MaDProFF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMUK View Post
Hi Guys,

Just picked up an XC60 T8 Inscription Pro with Polestar and a few other options.

Few thoughts, questions (asked one or two in other posts);

1) Got the Polestar on it but no idea how to tell I've got it, I'm guessing its been flashed but as I never drove an XC60 T8 before without it I have no idea of the difference, my fault I guess!

There is a difference of everything including suspension, just little bits, more enhanced.

2) Is it normal even with decent Michelin tyres to have a bit of wheel slip here and there? Doesn't do it in some modes does in others?

Can't say I noticed this, even on 21" Rims not uncommon on many cars on very cold roads when turning though, Though if in sport mode possible I guess.

3) I set the suspension to automatic lowering when you park it, you can hear something going on near the boot area quite noticeably - is this normal on XC60s/Volvos for the air suspension?

Yes I think you can hear the suspension, when stationary, there must be a compressor somewhere

4) Got the OnCall stuff all setup and put a SIM in the car seems to be sort of working so that's s cool!

5) Got the standard Inscription Pro 20" wheels on the car, bit crashy around London - guessing the 22" would make it infinitely worse? Does power mode stiffen the suspension as well (which is what I've got selected).

If you drive over speed humps quite fast you do get this trashy sound with Air suspension, but not if you go at the proper speed Power Mode does stiffen the suspension

6) Sensus connect can be a bit touch and go, locks up a bit etc, is there a way to see what version I'm on and to know the latest version?

I have had no problems with Sensus, except maybe once.

7) Is it just me or is the console above your head with the SOS and OnCall buttons on it angled for left hand drive cars?

Never noticed, or even looked tbh
Hope you are enjoying your car, there are many ways t set up things, just need to keep looking around the menus.
Old Jan 20th, 2019, 23:19   #4
crazyp

I'm collecting my T8 next week and it's very similar spec to yours.

What do you think overall?
crazyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 06:46   #5
SimNugget

The XC90 air suspension compressors are under the boot floor, suspect the XC60 is similar.

S
SimNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 12:21   #6
DangerMUK
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
I'm collecting my T8 next week and it's very similar spec to yours.

What do you think overall?
Hey mate, I'm coming from mainly Land Rovers and Jaguars.

Whilst they definitely have the upper hand when it comes to handling overall I'm happier with the Volvo than I was with them (last one being a Discovery).

Its put together better, the tech is more up to date and its priced a lot more realistically than their vehicles - it also doesn't handle bad at all.

Overall I'm liking the experience takes a lot of getting used to as I've been in Jaguar Land Rover cars for the past 7 years now!

Thanks
DM
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 12:23   #7
DangerMUK
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimNugget View Post
The XC90 air suspension compressors are under the boot floor, suspect the XC60 is similar.

S
Are they audible when raising and lowering?
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 13:02   #8
crazyp

Quote:
Hey mate, I'm coming from mainly Land Rovers and Jaguars.

Whilst they definitely have the upper hand when it comes to handling overall I'm happier with the Volvo than I was with them (last one being a Discovery).

Its put together better, the tech is more up to date and its priced a lot more realistically than their vehicles - it also doesn't handle bad at all.

Overall I'm liking the experience takes a lot of getting used to as I've been in Jaguar Land Rover cars for the past 7 years now!

Thanks
DM
Phew

Thank you, that's reassuring since it's a £50k+ investment as you know.

I held off on Polestar because, as above, I wasn't sure what the before and after would be like. And it may be something I add later if (when) I get bored!

I take what you mean about the handling but in my old age (over 40) and with a newborn I've decided to leave that bit of my life behind me
crazyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 15:13   #9
federic0

Quote:
Thanks
DM
thanks man
what about delivery time?
federic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 20:02   #10
SimNugget

Quote:
Are they audible when raising and lowering?
Not from inside the car, because but we usually have the radio on and a one year old screaming in the back!

S
SimNugget is offline   Reply With Quote