Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 740 GLE Manual Saloon For sale

Views : 743

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 4th, 2015, 20:18   #1
HemiHusky
700/900 Super Nerd

Default Volvo 740 GLE Manual Saloon For sale

Hey all so it has come for me to sell my 1989 Volvo 740 GLE Saloon. the reason being i just cant bring myself to chop grind slam whatever i wanna do to it. its just too much of a nice example n would prefer it to go to a nice owner n use the money to fix up my 850 T-5R.

so on with the details

The price is as follows. 750 will get you the car with all the history. keys (1 owner key 1 service key) and all history i have for it

850 i will also include a original 80's GLE spoiler for it. the spoiler is in black but i was gonna fit it and never did. only adding 100 to cover how much i paid for the spoiler itself

and 900 i will also throw in some uprated speakers i got from a freind if the radio is a bit weak for your tastes!

so details of the car

its a 1989 Volvo 740 GLE Manual (4 on the floor with O/D) Saloon in Silver.

its done 107,000 original miles with volvo service history up untill 105 from stoke on trent. the car only has 1 set of keys but has them all there. the owner key. service key. and locking fuel fillter cap key.

MOT untill august 2015

there is no rust on any of the arches or bodywork at all (pics will show this too)

drives smooth overdrive works perfectly. speedo rev counter and temp guage all work fine. interior is in amazing condition with barely a mark on it. all the features work. sunroof. electric windows. electric heated mirrors. heated seats. radio + antenna.

the engine runs smooth with no oil leaks. new contitech belts fitted by me. new genuine volvo oil filter 2K ago. has also had a new exhaust back section fitted recently.

the tires are all michilens and are like brand new. plenty of tread left on all 4 corners.

there are only a few bad points on this car and i will list them cause im not cheap like that. there are a few areas of paint scuffs n scratches but nothing you can tell without having to look for them. brake disks could do with a re-newing as they are starting to lip. the offside caliper is sticking i can free it up but do any harsh braking and it starts to stick and rattle the car over 60 MPH. i had the wheel balance checked and its not that.

the fuel guage has the typical 700 series syndrome. it will work but on a "when i feel like it" basis. confirmed its the sender as if you try earthing n unplugging it the guage will shoot to full then empty. so the sender is at fault.

headliner in the back is sagging another common issue im told. and the plastic cover under the front of the engine, splash guard was broken off when i bought it. so i remove it to stop it dragging any further.

overall i dont think its a bad car for the age and would much prefer it to go to someone who will look after it rather than me who will just chop n grind it up. id rather buy a crap one for that! i have videos of it running driving and all the features on request. pics to follow in 2nd post

the car can be viewed at VT200 at gaydon. or at my place in Bradford.

any pics of requests PM me and i will get them over to you

80'S N U T C A S E

Last edited by HemiHusky; Apr 4th, 2015 at 20:28.
HemiHusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2015, 20:27   #2
HemiHusky
700/900 Super Nerd

Pics

80'S N U T C A S E
HemiHusky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HemiHusky For This Useful Post: