Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Car Offline since 2.13.1 update

Views : 3984

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 14th, 2023, 08:11   #1
Volvofan007

Default Car Offline since 2.13.1 update

I updated my XC60 to the latest software 2.13.1 last week. Now it says CAR OFFLINE, so I can't use the spoken commands like "set temperature to 21c"or say... "Navigate to home" etc. I phoned Rybrook Volvo Chester, they said lots of other people have phoned saying the same thing. They said book it in and we'll sort it for you. I'm too busy at the moment but will take it in January. Has anyone else had this problem, is there a way to fix it yourself at home?
Volvofan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Volvofan007 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 14th, 2023, 08:45   #2
giftgrub100
giftgrub100

Couple of things you can do

First step,

when in the car, pulldown the tab from the top of the screen in the centre and see are there any notifications to be actioned.

Then try the restart the centre screen option

https://www.volvocars.com/ie/support...a801512c8f5561

Then check your settings - privacy - internet and check you are signed in

Then check connectivity

https://www.volvocars.com/ie/support...a801517358bc5a
giftgrub100 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to giftgrub100 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 14th, 2023, 09:18   #3
Tony Gathercole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvofan007 View Post
I updated my XC60 to the latest software 2.13.1 last week. Now it says CAR OFFLINE, so I can't use the spoken commands like "set temperature to 21c"or say... "Navigate to home" etc. I phoned Rybrook Volvo Chester, they said lots of other people have phoned saying the same thing. They said book it in and we'll sort it for you. I'm too busy at the moment but will take it in January. Has anyone else had this problem, is there a way to fix it yourself at home?
I've seen something similar with my V90, first about a month ago (pre 2.13.1) which eventually started working somewhere on the M62 on the way across to Yorkshire. Then most recently on Tuesday (after upgrading to 2.13.1 over the weekend) when taking the car for it's annual service. I did ask the dealer to look at why it wouldn't connect but got no report from them at the time and needless to say same problem when I picked it up. However it was noticable that the XC40 supplied as a courtesy car had the same problem but I didn't think to check the vesion of software it was running.

Yesterday the connection was back working OK - at least while the car was parked on my drive (LTE connection was shown as up and Google responded to voice requests).

My thoughts were that there might be a problem with the mobile network around South Manchester - can anyone confirm which network Volvo use on AAOS cars? However, if problem with 2.13.1 I wonder how Volvo will sort it out as an new OTA update wouldn't get to the car!
Old Dec 14th, 2023, 11:19   #4
Volvofan007

Default Fixed!

Thank you gift grub 100, that fix worked, if anyone else has the same problem try this...
https://www.volvocars.com/ie/support...a801517358bc5a
Volvofan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Volvofan007 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 14th, 2023, 13:58   #5
Bob Toms

Default Offline after recent update

Same problem as above after recent update.
Sorry above fix didn’t work for me. Tried the recommended restart TCAM by holding heated windscreen button for 30 secs but on restart only had LTE connection for a short while. Now no connection again.
Got to wait 48hours before trying TCAM reset again
Bob Toms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2023, 14:27   #6
giftgrub100
giftgrub100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Toms View Post
Same problem as above after recent update.
Sorry above fix didn’t work for me. Tried the recommended restart TCAM by holding heated windscreen button for 30 secs but on restart only had LTE connection for a short while. Now no connection again.
Got to wait 48hours before trying TCAM reset again
You can try again, you hold the windscreen button until the SOS light above the mirror flashes, then release and wait, can take 3-4 minutes for the system to restart, you might also have it back the next time you go back to the car.
giftgrub100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2023, 12:28   #7
forshawj

Angry

My 2023 XC60 doing exactly the same .. was even doing this on 2.12 .. I wonder if something to do with the winter? Although last night was not particularly cold and this morning same..
Reset of windscreen button does get it back but why does this keep happening???
forshawj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2023, 13:42   #8
BobbyDazzler66

Default Car Offline since 2.13.1 update

Volvo S60 2024. Same issue as Volvofan007.

Contacted Volvo, went through all of the described fixes as per other posts but no luck. I called Volvo Stoke and they also said this was a common issue with this OTA version - they have had lots of calls. "Leave it with us and we will get back to you once we have a solution".

I do have a temporary solution - you can connect your phone via Bluetooth to the car, and on your phone (if you have it) turn on Tethering. This allows the car to connect via your phone and it does work but of course uses your phone data.

Are you guys also having issues with the app not connecting to the car? - mine is on and off all the time. Almost certainly related to the comms issue.
BobbyDazzler66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyDazzler66 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 16th, 2023, 16:38   #9
forshawj

Smile

Thank you BobbyDazzler - same issue but my app is showing offline. In fact I’m finding the “fix” isn’t working anymore … no longer collecting but it maybe ongoing work with Volvo engineers?? Let’s hope …
Cheers
forshawj is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to forshawj For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 16th, 2023, 19:30   #10
BrettEverett

I think there’s going to be another update to solve this soon, mine is in the workshop at TMS Leicester at the moment and I can see the software version on the app says 2.13.2 instead of the expected 2.13.1 Just an assumption but hopefully that’ll sort it.
BrettEverett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrettEverett For This Useful Post: