Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Thinking about a V70r

Views : 730

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 29th, 2023, 21:57   #1
ld0595

Default Thinking about a V70r

I'm having some initial thoughts about replacing my 850 with a V70r due to a change in my job which will require occasional travel into the Glasgow Low Emission Zone.

I've thought about a regular P2 V70 but I'm seriously considering just biting the bullet and getting a V70R.

I've looked in the usual places but they all seem to be commanding very strong cash considering the mileage, condition, service history and so on. Although maybe I'm being slightly naive considering recent increases in used car prices..!

I'm based in Glasgow but would consider travelling for one that is well priced an in decent condition. Manual preferred but I'd be open to an automatic at the right price.

Cheers!
ld0595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2023, 23:21   #2
buick boy

Good choice ,Had my 2003 V70r awd for 8 years. Had the active suspension and was an auto (with sport mode) . The performance and fuel economy was exceptional for such a big car as was the reliability . Sold it to a chap with a Porsche who was stunned by the performance & handling . Sometimes I regret selling it , but seek solace when driving my V60 polestar 367bhp with flappy paddle gears , but not as comfortable or as big inside as the old V70 .
buick boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2023, 23:26   #3
4x4
Premier Member

All P2 V70s are expensive at the moment, even cars with high mileage are fetching strong money. Inexpensive cars are cheap for a reason, so if you can't or don't want to do a lot of spattering work and don't wish to spend a fortune on repairing a 16+ year old high performance Volvo get the best you can...
Volvo 850 GLT website
4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2023, 13:33   #4
Starcaster

Default V70R For Sale

I have a V70R for sale on the Forum here that you might be interested in:

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...highlight=V70R

It is in excellent order and I'd pleased to advise any further details on the car if you are interested.
Starcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2023, 18:51   #5
ld0595

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 View Post
All P2 V70s are expensive at the moment, even cars with high mileage are fetching strong money. Inexpensive cars are cheap for a reason, so if you can't or don't want to do a lot of spattering work and don't wish to spend a fortune on repairing a 16+ year old high performance Volvo get the best you can...
I've certainly noticed that when browsing the classifieds in recent months. Even bog standard ones in good nick are fetching a lot of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcaster View Post
I have a V70R for sale on the Forum here that you might be interested in:

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...highlight=V70R

It is in excellent order and I'd pleased to advise any further details on the car if you are interested.
Thanks for letting me know. Alas slightly too far for me but that looks stunning!
ld0595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2023, 10:47   #6
arcingv40

It's horses for courses I think, depends what you're after. I've had one for 2.5 years, bought as a low mileage Japanese import, in what an advert would describe as 'great condition'. The reality is that these cars are getting on a bit, and one persons definition of good is different to another.

I paid £8000, and comparable cars coming over from Japan now have been asked for up to £13k.

I'm trying to get mine to a really good OEM level, and to do that I've spend about £3.5k, and that doing a vast majority of the work myself.

I do love mine though. Really reliable, hugely practical, and rare.

If you're handy with a spanner and happy with something a little rougher round the edges, then go for something cheaper. Parts are easily accessible, and they're relatively easy to work on.

Last edited by arcingv40; Oct 26th, 2023 at 10:50.
arcingv40 is offline   Reply With Quote