Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

A good Volvo Main Dealer for Servicing in South East England

Views : 1503

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 12th, 2012, 23:02   #1
doc4246
2007/MY07 XC90 V8 Exec

Default A good Volvo Main Dealer for Servicing in South East England

Any suggestions on a good Volvo Main Dealer for Servicing (and Parts service - discount etc) in South East England please?

Prefer West Sussex/South Surrey area or Kent.

I have a 2007 XC90 V8 Exec.

Will also consider Indy if they have the Volvo kit for servicing (VIDA etc), although would prefer Main Dealer for records and future selling potential - plus my servicing costs are picked up by employer so no cost to me.

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere but I couldn't find any stickies or main threads on Volvo Main Dealers...good or bad...
doc4246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 23:42   #2
Dixie

Hi I've used Doves Horsham (on the A281 towards Guildford) and would recommend them from my experience there. I had some faults with my '56 XC90 that my local Indie couldn't diagnose after 3 days and Doves managed to do that within an hour! Will definitely be using them for my next Service etc. Hope that helps. D
Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dixie For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 00:21   #3
stedman
VOC Member

Wouldn't bother with Gatwick...Eastbourne have been great in the past.

I know the service manager from Gatwick Jaguar has gone to Horsham, with this excellent customer service too I hope!
stedman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stedman For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 01:15   #4
CherokeeDriver

I used the service shop in Petersfield. Great service, and £50 cheaper than my local dealer in Guildford.
CherokeeDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CherokeeDriver For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 12:59   #5
JimG
Premier Member

I haven't had any problems with Hildenborough Volvo. They have a full body shop there too. They also have branches in Orpington and Ticehurst.

If you did want an Independent, Charlwood are near you and get good feedback.

www.alignmycar.co.uk
www.rearfacing.co.uk
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimG For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 15:36   #6
Banzai

+1 to the Gatwick Volvo are crap from me.

By far the worst I have ever experienced in terms of customer focus etc.

I think I will give Doves Horsham my business next time.

I was also unimpressed by Charlwood despite several recommendations from here.
Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Banzai For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 09:35   #7
doc4246
2007/MY07 XC90 V8 Exec

I'd be very interested to know how you get on at Doves Horsham?

They are closest to me, and although I haven't been to see them face to face, I have called on the telephone and although the manager sounded enthusiastic enough...I wasn't so impressed by the service and parts people I spoke with on topics such as:

"what are the best all year around all season/weather tyres" the response being "we have supplied and fitted many types" - well okay but I am looking for their advice as a Volvo Main Dealer.

"I'd like to order the latest sat nav DVD" the response being "what's the part number of the one you have" - my reply being I haven't had one as no upgrade has occured since the vehicle was supplied but these are the vehicle details to be told in an off handed way "well we'd need to check and get back to you" and then didn't even bother to ask for my number.

"I'd like to add Volvo On Call and OEM Bluetooth per a MY2012 XC90 as I have the GSM telephone kit already fitted and the steering wheel controls" the response being "not sure if that's possible"

And so on...

With the need for a major service coming up (change gearbox oil, belts, spark plugs, all filters, a/c regas, new shocks, new pads, new discs, new tyres, new cargo cover, change brake fluid, flush and change coolant, AWD and suspension check - which will probably involve some new parts - and even the rusty rear tailgate handle replacement as I don't have the time or the tools to do it myself) I'm expecting a invoice for some thousands of pounds...

I'd have hoped for a little something more dynamic...?

JimG has mentioned Hildenborough Volvo who are not much further away - perhaps they are more likely to rise to the occasion...hence intrigued by how you get on at Doves Horsham...

I'll try a call to Hildenborough Volvo at the end of the week to guage their enthusiasm over the telephone!
doc4246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 12:15   #8
bluey_xc90

Just looking at the title of this thread isn't it a bit of an oxymoron given what most people have experienced from main dealers!

Only time I would use them is when I get a new car at some point in the future and have the 3 years fixed price servicing... After that independents or DIY on these XC90's as most of the faults are commonly known and can be fairly easily rectified...
bluey_xc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 13:23   #9
Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey_xc90 View Post
Just looking at the title of this thread isn't it a bit of an oxymoron given what most people have experienced from main dealers!

Only time I would use them is when I get a new car at some point in the future and have the 3 years fixed price servicing... After that independents or DIY on these XC90's as most of the faults are commonly known and can be fairly easily rectified...
Well that is kind of what I thought when I phoned Doves Horsham initially and was told their labour charge!! So I booked into an Indie but they couldn't solve the problem even though I was telling them what it might be as I'd read it on here! They were adamant I was wrong. So I took it out of there and booked into Doves and from now on, for an major diagnostic problems, I would start there. In my experience they solved my many problems and within 24 hours when an Indie had car for 4 whole days and didn't get anywhere, not even a correct diagnosis when I was telling them what was later proved to be correct!

Their master technician there is obviously very good - he's the one who dealt with the car. But agree when I was trying to order some Parts/accessories at another time, they were very vague...
Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dixie For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 17:50   #10
JimG
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc4246 View Post
JimG has mentioned Hildenborough Volvo who are not much further away - perhaps they are more likely to rise to the occasion...hence intrigued by how you get on at Doves Horsham...

I'll try a call to Hildenborough Volvo at the end of the week to guage their enthusiasm over the telephone!
I always deal with Neil in the service department. He has been quite good at getting close to matching service costs when I give him a figure from an independent, using Volvo parts, VAT registered, etc. I only live 5 minutes away, so it's usually worth paying the extra £30 odd they charge and get a free courtesy car for the day. Hope he doesn't let me down!

www.alignmycar.co.uk
www.rearfacing.co.uk
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote