Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Accelerator pedal fault code

Views : 3375

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 22nd, 2023, 21:59   #21
IainG
Premier Member

Hi All
Just a final update.
I have only just worked up the courage to read my fault codes after the repair. I have just replaced my wing mirror and had to clear some codes.

I cleared my codes up in Derbyshire on Thursday, traveled back to Plymouth yesterday and have just read my codes.
All the previous communication and accelerator codes have gone.
The glow plug fault has been there 15 years so I think I can carry on ignoring it !
The AQ sensor has appeared in the last couple of years but I can't justify a new sensor
The other 3 are just random ones and if I erase probably won't come back.
So very happy and it seems the repair terminals have stopped all the previous communication errors from returning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9433.jpg (214.1 KB, 13 views)
Old Mar 27th, 2024, 19:53   #22
NeMiran

Hi Iain,

I am getting ready to tackle the same problem on my C30. Can you please confirm if it was necessary to replace the entire white wire for the pedal, or only doing the terminal repair set is enough?
If the entire white wire needs to be replaced in order to get a permanent fix, is there a Volvo part number for it or maybe you have some specs for that wire like diameter and resistance?

TIA
NeMiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2024, 20:07   #23
IainG
Premier Member

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeMiran View Post
Hi Iain,

I am getting ready to tackle the same problem on my C30. Can you please confirm if it was necessary to replace the entire white wire for the pedal, or only doing the terminal repair set is enough?
If the entire white wire needs to be replaced in order to get a permanent fix, is there a Volvo part number for it or maybe you have some specs for that wire like diameter and resistance?

TIA
I only replaced the terminal repairs. I did the 7 terminals in the CEM plugs and I also replaced the Accelerator plug and terminals.
I decided not to replace the white wire at the time. The terminals on either end of the white wire were replaced and I thought I would wait and see if all the codes cleared. They did.
My reasoning was that if a code did reappear it would be easy just to replace the white(Just run under the dash and cable tie up) wire just by soldering into the newly repaired terminal wires. If I replaced the white wire I have plenty of wire here. I would probably have used 1mm tri rated. It is only a signal wire so no current flowing. Any auto electrician or motor factors would have something suitable. Just take one of the new terminal wires in and get some matching wire or the next size up.
Old Mar 27th, 2024, 20:12   #24
NeMiran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IainG View Post
Hi

I only replaced the terminal repairs. I did the 7 terminals in the CEM plugs and I also replaced the Accelerator plug and terminals.
I decided not to replace the white wire at the time. The terminals on either end of the white wire were replaced and I thought I would wait and see if all the codes cleared. They did.
My reasoning was that if a code did reappear it would be easy just to replace the white(Just run under the dash and cable tie up) wire just by soldering into the newly repaired terminal wires. If I replaced the white wire I have plenty of wire here. I would probably have used 1mm tri rated. It is only a signal wire so no current flowing. Any auto electrician or motor factors would have something suitable. Just take one of the new terminal wires in and get some matching wire or the next size up.
Thank you for the clarification. I will be a daredevil and ask for a quote on this at my Volvo dealership.
As I live in Croatia, good auto electricians are hard to find, waiting list is about 2-3 weeks and the charge is close to dealership, specially when it comes to something as fiddly as this.
NeMiran is offline   Reply With Quote