Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Considering Selling my V70 R

Views : 4923

Replies : 43

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 17:08   #1
tc
VOC Member

Default Considering Selling my V70 R

I've been thinking about this for a while now and I'm considering selling my R, I love the car but I'm possibly getting a much lower mileage AWD in a week or so and it just makes more sense to sell mine rather than the other.

Car is a 98 V70 R Manual 2wd, it's covered just over 192k. Pics speak for themselves as does the extensive rebuild thread, car has had a lot of the interior replaced recently, it has a front splitter, custom rear bumper with built in deffuser,egg crate grill,headlight wipers removed and blanks fitted,new front and rear lights, tints all round (except the fronts), 18" Nebular alloys, strut brace, BSR intake, Scorpion exhaust, decat, refurbed injectors, new handbrake cables (about two weeks ago), front and rear discs replaced last year,recently rebuilt turbo, Rica Remap.

It has a couple of jobs that need doing, one is the head needs replacing as it smokes if it's left idling for too long however I have a fully rebuilt head and most of the parts to replace this which I will include in the sale, also needs timing belt replacing but I also have one of these to fit which could be done when the heads swapped.

For more info and pics please read the build thread in the project section.

Price wise I'm not really sure what to ask as I've spent a hell of a lot on it but I know it still needs a few jobs doing to make it right, I'd like if I could to get around £2000 as it is, this is of course provided that all goes to plan and the other car is as nice as I think it is...

Oh forgot to add, the original rear bumper can be supplied as well if needed, I know the diffuser isn't to everyones tastes.

Last edited by tc; Oct 23rd, 2014 at 17:15.
tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 19:16   #2
500tie

Personally I think it's worth £2000 of anyone's money mate wish I had it spare I'd have it in a second. Good luck if you do decide to let it go

1997 V70 2.5 10v SE
500tie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 500tie For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 19:26   #3
tc
VOC Member

Thanks, I appreciate that. I'll know one way or the other next week. What I may do yet is swap some of the nicer stuff off mine onto the new car and then let mine go for slightly less.
Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 20:25   #4
500tie

I agree mate you may aswell make the best car you can between the 2 for yourself, then sell what's left. Get the best of both worlds that way

1997 V70 2.5 10v SE
500tie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 21:39   #5
JackJones

Looks a nice motor, the new one coming must be good to beat that. Where did you get the rip kit from?
JackJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 22:16   #6
Goldmember
Master Member

Hi Tc. Just wanted to say I have been a great admirer of this car having read ur build thread. Its a stunning example (I like the new bumper btw) Sorry I cant afford to buy it.. but just to let u kno I'd bite your hand off for ur exhaust and BSR intake if u had OE stuff to replace it Stuff fixing the daily driver lol!
All the best with the sale if u do sell it.
Steve
MegaBob - ‘04 XC90 D5 Spanish! ShedBob - ‘01 Moondust T5 V70, FilthyBob - '04 Silver 2.4 D5 SE V70, Rydell - '99 Silver R AWD V70, SagaBob - '98 Ruby Red 2.5T V70
Goldmember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 22:26   #7
tc
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmember View Post
Hi Tc. Just wanted to say I have been a great admirer of this car having read ur build thread. Its a stunning example (I like the new bumper btw) Sorry I cant afford to buy it.. but just to let u kno I'd bite your hand off for ur exhaust and BSR intake if u had OE stuff to replace it Stuff fixing the daily driver lol!
All the best with the sale if u do sell it.
Steve
Lmao.. Thanks Steve I appreciate that, it's been a lot of work. I'm still kinda undecided what to do, my problem is I dont have an awfull lot of time to make my mind up either. I should be getting the other R next week so once I've had a go in it for a few days I'll know one way or the other which I want to keep.
The Following User Says Thank You to tc For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 22:28   #8
tc
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJones View Post
Looks a nice motor, the new one coming must be good to beat that. Where did you get the rip kit from?
Thanks Jack, the new ones not as modified but a hell of a lot less miles and hopefully is a better starting point for mods. The RIP kit is I think one of the early original Volvo ones, they came on the early Volvo 850 turbo's
Old Oct 26th, 2014, 09:34   #9
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

I was just looking at that and thought it was the OEM one not an aftermarket kit. If you decide to sell any bits off it, then I'd def want the spark plug cover plate - love that artwork

Shame that you're selling it after all you've done to it, but I'm doing exactly the same thing - selling a high mileage but sound example for a lower mileage temptress lol.

Hope your AWD is a good un! I'm super excited about getting mine on the road.
RollingThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2014, 22:06   #10
tc
VOC Member

Cheers bud, I should get the new one tomorrow all being well, still undecided which to sell but I'm sure I'll know once I've looked at it as far as parts go bud the spark plug cover isn't on it anymore, that got sold about a month ago as I was planning on painting a new one.
The Following User Says Thank You to tc For This Useful Post: