Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fob not operating central locking 1999 T5

Views : 3118

Replies : 42

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 18th, 2017, 12:09   #41
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Like I say - bizarre

But worse still I don't own a single 2016 hence waiting fior Amazon to arrive in order to attempt a futile fob reprogram !
Bigfella666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2017, 02:47   #42
Briangrumpy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by huron View Post
The coil round the ign. s/w has nothing to do with the alarm, only the immobiliser.
Try sitting in the car with the doors shut and turning the key to full ignition, wait 5 secs. then turn it off. Do this three times and then see if they now work.
Had this happen to me last night then I realised that when I turned the ign . off the interior lights didn't come on although they did when I opened the door.
Did the above and all back to normal. It's almost like it reset its memory.
Hope this works for you.
Radio antenna, location, (my) V70 P5, 1998, had three sticky switches on the RHS drivers door, master switch for the window motors.
The separate subject of sticky slide switches (window switches), if no one else has offered a fix to that problem previously, I'll do it. I've not researched yet to know if anyone has proved how to make sticky switches operative again, and wants/needs my input.
THE RADIO ANTENNA, some two pieces of shaped wire, for the door locks is mounted as an internal part of the PCB for the windows. Located at the front end of the 4 window up/down switches. There is a smaller plug, nearest to the hinges, which connects to the antenna's.
For reference, two plugs in the middle of the window switches connect to the window drive motors, front and back doors.

Last edited by Briangrumpy2; Dec 25th, 2017 at 02:50.
Briangrumpy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2017, 19:55   #43
britten_mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by britten_mark View Post
Tailgate lock is not tailgate lock - its the wirning in the hinge.

All the other doors are still working fine from the remote with the "wrong" battery in it otherwise I would be wondering if this wiring break could have been the root of everything.
Found a break in the pink/grey wire to the rear tailgate lock. It was inside the rear nearside pillar. IMHO the factory put a tie wrap securing the loom to the body in there and it doesn't allow enough flex, resulting in broken wires.

Central locking is all working fine now.

As mentioned it sounds a bit far fetched that this broken wire to the rear tailgate could be connected to the problems with the fobs, but who knows?
britten_mark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to britten_mark For This Useful Post: