Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Windscreen: Water ingress on 60 models 2008 on

Views : 402445

Replies : 113

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 24th, 2017, 19:48   #51
zony

Would like to join this list of people suffering this problem. My car is a XC60 2010 2.4 D5 leaking on passenger side. Seems a common problem. Will ring my local dealer tomorrow and Guate their reaction .
zony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2017, 22:35   #52
anobomski

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc60 2011 View Post
My 2011 XC60's windscreen started leaking before Xmas. I booked it into Central London and they have been great, re-sealed it and no costs incurred!
I have also just joined this club. Where in central London did you get it done? My local dealer is quoting me 200.
anobomski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2017, 01:14   #53
globula

Quote:
Originally Posted by globula View Post
i messaged volvo uk, been told to contact local dealers, no answer till now.
i noticed than when i put the aircon on the windscreen lifts up 1mm from where it should be glued on.

Managed to get the car booked with Johnsons Volvo Solihul Birmingham branch.
I've been asked if is the original windscreen, if I had any accidents, today at 8AM I am picking up the car, apparently the issue has been fixed.
globula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2017, 17:43   #54
JBob74

I've just joined this club too - 2012 V60.

Water running into passenger footwell in heavy rain, screen no longer bonded across top.

Dealer didn't want to know - "take it to Autoglass" was the response.
Old Oct 12th, 2017, 19:38   #55
globula

Quote:
Originally Posted by globula View Post
Managed to get the car booked with Johnsons Volvo Solihul Birmingham branch.
I've been asked if is the original windscreen, if I had any accidents, today at 8AM I am picking up the car, apparently the issue has been fixed.

My car got fixed, I have not been charged for it.
globula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2017, 21:47   #56
Copperbottom01

Today's snow has confirmed my MY2012 XC60 (50k) has issues. A soaked drivers foot well a few weeks ago should have made me stop and think. Has anyone had experiences of Mill Volvo Harrogate relating to this problem? Just curious before I start the ball rolling.
A tad hacked off as Ive only had the car since May.
Cheers all.
Copperbottom01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2017, 11:55   #57
alf27
Alf27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBob74 View Post
I've just joined this club too - 2012 V60.

Water running into passenger footwell in heavy rain, screen no longer bonded across top.

Dealer didn't want to know - "take it to Autoglass" was the response.
Hope you didn't leave it there, go to another dealer at least.

XC60 2008 Auto Grey
alf27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2017, 14:30   #58
Copperbottom01

Quick update. Mill Volvo have confirmed they will remove-reseal-refit the screen FOC but will not cover the cost of a replacement screen if it cracks (£435).

Volvo Customer Relations (01628 422522) confirmed today that they support the above. They will not assist with costs associated with a replacement screen.

Bar a call to the motor ombudsman (0345 2413408) I fear that given water ingress is becoming a real problem, I may just book it in with everything crossed!

Will update after the event ~ wish me luck!
Copperbottom01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2017, 15:31   #59
alf27
Alf27

Had my early XC60 (2008) screen removed & resealed last Friday foc so quite happy, shame that Volvo didn't issue a recall when the problem was first noticed tho.

XC60 2008 Auto Grey
alf27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2017, 14:45   #60
S60RDesign

My car is another to add to this list. Very surprised to read this is a common fault.

After getting drips on the inside of the screen I called at a dealer yesterday who diagnosed the problem, they were trying to be helpful but their advice was to mark the screen and claim on my insurance. My instincts are that this isn't right, and having looked into my policy it could be a very bad idea as the S60 has the City Safety system:

If your windscreen includes Advanced Driving Assistance Systems (ADAS) which needs to be recalibrated, you’ll have to claim this under the Accidental Damage section of your policy, which will affect your No Claim Discount unless protected. This is because ADAS recalibration isn’t currently available through windscreen repairers

I'm unaware if that would need recalibrating but if it does there could be a big penalty for deliberately damaging the windscreen.

Now where do I take my car for it's repair? The dealer I visited doesn't seem very interested and I had intended using them for all future work. Can anyone positively recommend a dealer in Lincolnshire?
S60RDesign is offline   Reply With Quote