Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Delivery Times S90

Views : 15489

Replies : 126

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 9th, 2017, 21:53   #31
Hainesy

That is a good price, was that with any options ticked?
Are you familiar with the Leasing thread over on PistonHeads? That’s an excellent resource for finding out about lease deals as they pop up.
Hainesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2017, 19:11   #32
Jimrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks View Post
I got a really good deal off Volvo for the s90 r design which was 276 per month with 3 down. 8K per year mileage.
I'm not sure how much the deals have changed but back in August I ordered an S90 R-Design in black and with added front sensors for £2200 down and £245 a month for 10k miles per year from Johnson's Volvo in Swindon, they matched the best online deal I could find (from contracthireandleasing.com). Delivery is due to docks on 18th so it's been just over 4 months, presuming it turns up...

Last edited by Jimrod; Dec 10th, 2017 at 20:56.
Jimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2017, 20:05   #33
Hainesy

Am paying 9+23 at £270 per month with 8k p/a. For R-Design with Reversing Camera, Smartphone activation and privacy glass. Was slightly cheaper through a broker but I thought (at the time at least) a dealer experience would be better...
Old Dec 11th, 2017, 10:56   #34
Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hainesy View Post
That is a good price, was that with any options ticked?
Are you familiar with the Leasing thread over on PistonHeads? That’s an excellent resource for finding out about lease deals as they pop up.

Its a cracking deal with 8k. I think the 8k plus 17p per mile which is the only downside. There just aint no car. No options. I've added front sensors which I'll pay for when I pick it up.

Never seen that thread but will have a look as we're actively looking for alternatives
Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2017, 10:59   #35
Hainesy

I'm hoping I can ring up and do a deal if I need to when I'm halfway through the contract or so as I might need to buy an extra 2k miles.
Interestingly I got a new quote from another dealer last week and Volvo have changed finance company, the overage miles were cheaper (I forget by how much).

This is the thread - it's really active: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...1663457&i=9560

Last edited by Hainesy; Dec 11th, 2017 at 11:35.
Old Dec 11th, 2017, 15:28   #36
Jimrod

Delivery to UK now pushed back from 18th to 27th of December (I had to ask Volvo as I was expecting it next week and wanted to confirm).

And so it begins...
Jimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2017, 15:54   #37
Hainesy

Sounds like its on the same boat / train as mine... Will let you know if mine shifts again. I'm resigned to not seeing mine until mid Jan, not sure how quickly they will be able to sort dealer fit options.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hainesy For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 11th, 2017, 17:26   #38
Ducks

I rang the dealer this morning to find out the status on the car..

The factory build completion date is 9th Feb, its not coming by train due to the delay (is there still an issue with the train) so by boat which takes 4 weeks!

They're looking at getting it built earlier so it can be here for March. I've asked for a build ref so I can talk to Volvo UK and see if they can do anything. I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I'm baffled as to why they car is only going to be completed build in Feb when it was ordered in October. I'm baffled at how Volvo don't see this as an issue

They've offered me a possible loan vehicle but I'm not sure if I want one
Old Dec 11th, 2017, 19:05   #39
Hainesy

There was another thread I saw (also on PH I think) where people in same position had squeezed some dealer fit options out of Volvo for it; think it was CarPlay / smartphone activation.
Old Dec 12th, 2017, 12:14   #40
Ducks

I seen that thread.. might not take a loan car but will look at what they can give instead of a loan car for extra options. Spa day vouchers etc.

I asked them for an order number but still had nothing

Give them a few weeks of breathing space, then back on them again in 2018

Does the car come with mats? They should be free