Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Delivery Times S90

Views : 15470

Replies : 126

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 28th, 2017, 19:20   #21
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrod View Post
not really sure how long it takes from dock to dealer or to do the PDI...
See post #4 here: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=275466
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 29th, 2017, 06:33   #22
Jimrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Ahh cheers for that

Seems it would be very tight then!
Jimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2017, 13:13   #23
Hainesy

When I ordered my S90 in September I was told the delivery would be 'end of November', delay being due to 'the train track between the factory in China and the port hadn't been finished yet'! Last time I checked with dealer it was due to arrive in UK approx 7th December. I don't know how much I trust that estimate though...
Hainesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2017, 13:52   #24
Jimrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hainesy View Post
When I ordered my S90 in September I was told the delivery would be 'end of November', delay being due to 'the train track between the factory in China and the port hadn't been finished yet'! Last time I checked with dealer it was due to arrive in UK approx 7th December. I don't know how much I trust that estimate though...
Well you'd think ours would be coming from the same place, and if I ordered a few weeks before you that at worst they'd be made at the same time - so it'll be interesting to see if both come when promised with yours a couple of weeks earlier!

Mine's a D4 R Design with front sensors added, if that makes a difference to build dates... Shouldn't really unless certain parts in short supply.
Jimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2017, 18:59   #25
Ducks

It's crazy, the A^ when ordered was brilliant, late mind. But I was kept in the loop and could even follow the ship that it was on (sad) to Tyne Docks.

Volvo was ordered on the 1st of October and literally nothing. Not sure if we even have an order number or anything to go by. We ordered ours with front sensors.

Even my dad rocked up with a new Civic fully loaded today that he ordered. There's me saying wait for it... wait for it
Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2017, 14:14   #26
Hainesy

To my complete lack of surprise I finally got an email from the dealer this morning after I chased the delivery date again - the car 'remains in transit' and is currently showing as being delivered to the dealer for 28/12.

He went on to mention that there's been an issue with rail delivery from China and that ships have been used instead but that has caused a delay. So similar that others have been told I think.

Realistically I'm not expecting to see it until mid-Jan I think. Not the end of the world as I didn't fancy my chances of shifting current car just before xmas. Annoying though as I went for a pre-order car + dealer fit tints & CarPlay, with less options than I'd otherwise have specced - could have gone for a proper factory order at this rate....
Old Dec 8th, 2017, 12:23   #27
whoami

I still don't even have a confirmed date. Volvo UK has been useless.

Probably going to bin this as a waste of time and start looking for something that actually exists.
whoami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2017, 13:40   #28
Hainesy

There's some impressively cheap deals on Audi A6 Black Edition at the moment eg: https://www.contracthireandleasing.c.../a6/265201812/ (8k miles / 24mths works out at £315), not sure what lead is like though.
Old Dec 8th, 2017, 15:15   #29
whoami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hainesy View Post
There's some impressively cheap deals on Audi A6 Black Edition at the moment eg: https://www.contracthireandleasing.c.../a6/265201812/ (8k miles / 24mths works out at £315), not sure what lead is like though.
Indeed.

Been looking at this as a possible replacement.

Waiting for a call back regarding availability.
whoami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2017, 21:08   #30
Ducks

The A6 is going to be getting a face lift soon to bring it inline with the A4/A5. or will the new A6 be more advanced. My Mrs who hasn't been that fussed on the s90 is thinking about other options. I still love the Golf GTE but lead times are about Feb/Mar. They are pretty concrete tho. Or even a sportback A3 or A5 which will suit us better

The volvo lead time are really vague.

The only good thing is some guy decided to kiss my rear arch and wheel with his lorry which I need to get repaired. Don't mind the wait.

I got a really good deal off Volvo for the s90 r design which was 276 per month with 3 down. 8K per year mileage.
Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ducks For This Useful Post: