Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dash cam options

Views : 3773

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 7th, 2017, 11:48   #1
Daveh1000

Default Dash cam options

Hi, I couldn’t see a thread for this. I have a XC90 T8 pro on order. Has anyone fitted a dash cam, if so what model and who fitted. Am I better off going via the dealer or someone like Halfords ?

Thanks
Daveh1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2017, 12:01   #2
DavidC R

I fitted my Blackvue HD400.

it's not wifi enabled which seems to be a concern for interference by some.

works great linked to a Cellink b for lasting power on park mode.

decided not to meddle with the rear view mirror console so it sits high up on passenger side of this and wire tuck up through head lining and down A pillar.

all in all about an hours work.
DavidC R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DavidC R For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 7th, 2017, 14:42   #3
simonjedrake
Premier Member

I had a BlackVue 2 Channel Dashcam fitted two years ago by by Volvo Dealer in a very professional manner when I initially purchased the car.
It has never let me down and looks the part in a high spec Volvo model, the latest version of mine is now the DR750s as per this link https://www.blackvue.com/dr750s-2ch/
Also purchase the Power Magic Pro box which again the dealer fitted for me.

There are lots of DashCams out there most of which IMHO look so ugly & bulky were as BlackVue are the Apple equivalent of Dashcams with design & ease of use being key. I purchased it from Amazon then handed it over to my dealer.
Old Dec 7th, 2017, 17:16   #4
Daveh1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
I had a BlackVue 2 Channel Dashcam fitted two years ago by by Volvo Dealer in a very professional manner when I initially purchased the car.
It has never let me down and looks the part in a high spec Volvo model, the latest version of mine is now the DR750s as per this link https://www.blackvue.com/dr750s-2ch/
Also purchase the Power Magic Pro box which again the dealer fitted for me.

There are lots of DashCams out there most of which IMHO look so ugly & bulky were as BlackVue are the Apple equivalent of Dashcams with design & ease of use being key. I purchased it from Amazon then handed it over to my dealer.
Do you have tinted rear windows with the rear camera view. Would it be worthwhile having rear camera with tinted window ?
Daveh1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2017, 22:32   #5
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveh1000 View Post
Do you have tinted rear windows with the rear camera view. Would it be worthwhile having rear camera with tinted window ?
No tints on my rear windows, but as any road legal tint on the rear window has to be light enough for you to see via your rear vie mirror.......and......that the rear camera sits so close to the window anyway I would expect you will be OK.
Old Dec 8th, 2017, 06:32   #6
drive_a_legend

Aliexpress has very nice very oem-like and very cheap options.
Have one. Love it.

https://m.nl.aliexpress.com/search.h...ds=dvr+volvo#/
drive_a_legend is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to drive_a_legend For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 8th, 2017, 06:40   #7
volvo for ever
Premier Member

hi guys i have next base dash cam front and rear in my car and its easy to use pic quallity is great and so easy to fit all wires are hidden fitted it my self .

on new xc 90 down pasenger side footwell behind carpet is fuse box also if you remove tunnel box side panel great access to 12 v outlet wire this easy to fit

regards
volvo for ever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvo for ever For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 9th, 2017, 23:33   #8
qm2

Without having to trawl through the whole post.Can anyone suggest which fuse to piggy back off for a switched live for the dash cam. Ideally in the passenger compartment at the front. If anyone has images of it the would make life even easier.
qm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2017, 03:21   #9
volvo for ever
Premier Member

if you remove the carpeted side panel at tunnel box area you see 12v supply to 12 v outlet socket ,the panel is tight to remove give big pull then route cables under carpet up a panel along roof linning .down ASDM panel housing(center windscreen plastic panel)
job neatly done
volvo for ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2017, 07:28   #10
qm2

Thanks for that. Is this permanent 12 v live and is it a case of splicing into the cable.
qm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to qm2 For This Useful Post: