Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Latest s/w update

Views : 1365

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 8th, 2017, 21:25   #1
Jcbrown

Default Latest s/w update

Had the latest s/w update applied a week ago, and so far had no issues - well maybe one minor one - more an irritation.

I know some others have had it done, but I was wondering what has actual changed as far as the usage and visuals go (as opposed to internal things to stop it locking-up or rebooting) - this does not appear to be documented as the May 2017 one was.

This is what I have noticed:
  • Graphics for heated seat/steering wheel appear slightly different
  • The checklist at start-up
  • 360° Camera appears sharper/brighter. Maybe it is just an illusion, but I thought it looked as if it was. Then, the 1st time my wife got in after it had been updated she commented
  • I don't remember the RTTI having a "show" feature when it suggested a re-route - but it does now. Maybe it did before and I just never noticed - can someone who has not had the Nov Sensus update confirm/deny

anyone noticed any other changes?

It definitely does not appear as radical a change from the users perspective as the May one was. Hopefully most of the work is behind the scenes in relation to the systems stability.

The issue/annoyance? I have accepted all the data sharing/privacy options (or whatever they are called), but I keep being asked to accept when I try to dictate or read a message. I accept, but then the next time I try to use it I get the same prompt. I cannot remember exactly what it is. I will see if I can get a picture next time. Not really a biggy, but annoying non-the-less.
Old Dec 8th, 2017, 21:47   #2
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Maybe the camera just got a wash?
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2017, 22:26   #3
nu11eaf
Premier Member

The last loan car I had I noticed how much brighter the 360 camera was compared to mine. It was a brand new XC90, mine is a june 2016 model.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2017, 11:38   #4
cassell
Member since 1988

Hi,
Your point 4 - yes, the RTTI has always had the 'show' feature along with the ability to accept or reject.

Like you, I'd never really taken much notice until this week when it was trying to re-route me around an accident, but as it was proposing to go through a massive residential housing estate, so I chose to ignore it.

Something I did see for the first time was the symbol marking the actual location of the accident was a red triangle with a car on it's side, clever.
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2017, 12:20   #5
Jcbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassell View Post
Hi,
Your point 4 - yes, the RTTI has always had the 'show' feature along with the ability to accept or reject.

Like you, I'd never really taken much notice until this week when it was trying to re-route me around an accident, but as it was proposing to go through a massive residential housing estate, so I chose to ignore it.

Something I did see for the first time was the symbol marking the actual location of the accident was a red triangle with a car on it's side, clever.
Thanks for confirming. Really not sure how I missed it previously, but I genuinely have not notice it before yesterday when it suggested a re-route off the M1 Fri afternoon northbound car-par through the middle of Milton Keynes.

I have even bemoaned the absence of a show feature (which previous Sat Navs had included), as had my wife. How both of us missed it when we were looking for it I do not know, but we managed.

But now I know it is there
Old Dec 9th, 2017, 13:12   #6
Mavi57

I had the November update and I wish I waited a bit longer. The HUD not staying in place is still there adjusting it succeeds by pressing the memory button for my profile but not for the profile of my better half. Adjusting it with Sensus is a problem because it is in my case time related, I have to wait a few minutes before the calibration bar appears after pressing the button. The biggest problem is the preconditioning, it has become very random. Sometimes it works OK, sometimes only the heater works and not the seat and steer heating and sometimes it doesn't work at all.
Mavi57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2017, 13:54   #7
Konst

Something more about this update on Volvo support site:
http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9924/
MY17 XC90 D5 Inscription 7 seats, Electric silver/charcoal, 21"wheels,Walnut,leather dash,Luxury pack ventilated+massage, 4 zone clim pack,Xenium Pack, VOC+modem, sunroof, Winter pro Pack Auxiliary Fuel Heater+HUD,Business+ pack with B&W +DAB
Konst is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Konst For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 9th, 2017, 14:39   #8
gaby
Premier Member

I find the last topic in the link, about deleting the fan indicaror hilarious. If that's all it takes to clear up the view...
Old Dec 9th, 2017, 20:35   #9
mike95

Have I read it correctly in that the VOC subscription is now only 6 months. It was 3 years on my old XC60.

Mike
Old Dec 9th, 2017, 21:02   #10
Whiterdesign
Master Member

This was an American site, so probably different.