Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

In tank pre pump

Views : 449

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 17th, 2018, 17:50   #1
Thumperslaw
Volvo bandit

Default In tank pre pump

Need one for my 240 estate.
Thumperslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 10:48   #2
Antz
No I'm not the redhead

About £45 plus postage new from Brookhouse Volvo. But be prepared to invest in a new sender unit as i'tll probably fall to bits when you try to remove it, new lock ring and a new seal to do the job.

Swap a T5 motor into your RWD Volvo:The Guide
Antz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 12:28   #3
Thumperslaw
Volvo bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antz View Post
About £45 plus postage new from Brookhouse Volvo. But be prepared to invest in a new sender unit as i'tll probably fall to bits when you try to remove it, new lock ring and a new seal to do the job.
Brill, I’ll give them a call. Also looking to upgrade to 2.3 turbo. Would the pre pump handle this.
Thumperslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 12:48   #4
Antz
No I'm not the redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumperslaw View Post
Brill, I’ll give them a call. Also looking to upgrade to 2.3 turbo. Would the pre pump handle this.
I always go with the idea that if you're replacing then upgrade. A standard in tank pump is about £45 but a genuine Walbro 255 pump is about £78 from Conceptua Tuning and is more than man enough to flow 350bhp on its own.

I've done it a couple of times where I've fitted a Walbro 255 in the tank (you need to just shorten the feed pipe on the sender so the bottom of the 255 sits at the same point as the bottom of the stock pump) then you can remove the external pump that's under the car completely and just pipe between it.

A standard in tank pump and external pump will feed a 240 Turbo BUT if youre replacing one pump then for the sake of £30 extra, why not delete the external pump and fit a big single in tank that'll flow whatever you need forever.

Just be wary of fake Walbro 255's flooding eBay. Conceptua Tuning sell genuine ones so I would go to them.

Swap a T5 motor into your RWD Volvo:The Guide
Antz is offline   Reply With Quote