Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S80 (57 reg) - does it have a DPF

Views : 721

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 12th, 2020, 11:50   #1
Inglewood

Smile S80 (57 reg) - does it have a DPF

Hi, not sure if my S80 (2.4 diesel) has a DPF or not and also was wondering if anyone has used the mobile carbon / DPS cleaning services which advertise to improve mpg, engine performance and emissions etc etc?

Any thoughts would be most welcome - cheers

Mark

Last edited by Inglewood; Nov 12th, 2020 at 12:01.
Inglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 13:58   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood View Post
Hi, not sure if my S80 (2.4 diesel) has a DPF or not and also was wondering if anyone has used the mobile carbon / DPS cleaning services which advertise to improve mpg, engine performance and emissions etc etc?

Any thoughts would be most welcome - cheers
yes it does and it looks after itself cleaning itself after roughly every tank of fuel are you having any problems? If not don't worry about it ..
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 20:16   #3
Adrian888

If there is nothing wrong then leave well alone. However instead Make sure you use premium fuel (such as Vpower) and give your car an Italian tune up every few weeks. Now there will be members come along saying premium fuels are a waste of money and you shouldn't thrash a diesel etc etc. An Italian tune up isn't thrashing but rather a good vigorous drive for 30-40 miles or so. It is always advisable immediately before an MOT. My experience comes from driving diesels since 1986 averaging 20k miles a year and had some cars upto 180k miles without any problems or need of a new DPF, and my MOT tester always comments how clean my exhaust is on test day.
Adrian888 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Adrian888 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 22:05   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian888 View Post
If there is nothing wrong then leave well alone. However instead Make sure you use premium fuel (such as Vpower) and give your car an Italian tune up every few weeks. Now there will be members come along saying premium fuels are a waste of money and you shouldn't thrash a diesel etc etc. An Italian tune up isn't thrashing but rather a good vigorous drive for 30-40 miles or so. It is always advisable immediately before an MOT. My experience comes from driving diesels since 1986 averaging 20k miles a year and had some cars upto 180k miles without any problems or need of a new DPF, and my MOT tester always comments how clean my exhaust is on test day.
Indeed leave well alone and no rpm needed ever .. The volvo DPF is very rugged . the dpf regenerates quite often and then it reaches 600C for a while hence self cleaning ... diesel exhaust is quite cool in comparison with petrol .
About 300C max in normal use