Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dice and Vida 2014d For Sale

Views : 328343

Replies : 1083

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 18th, 2020, 16:24   #761
Dannydude

Default Vida software and Dice

I am new to this Forum and you were recommended to me. I read some of your posts, most inspirational. I have issues with setting up Vida from volvodiag.com Downloading and unzipping the files from the site was not an issue. Antivirus and firewall turned off.

My Laptop has Win 7 Professional with an i5 brain, 8GB's of RAM and a 500GB hard drive with heaps of free memory.

The Dice that I have off eBay does not light up when I plug the USB into the laptop port. There is no SD card in the slot.

Your help would be much appreciated.
Dannydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 17:14   #762
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannydude View Post
I am new to this Forum and you were recommended to me. I read some of your posts, most inspirational. I have issues with setting up Vida from volvodiag.com Downloading and unzipping the files from the site was not an issue. Antivirus and firewall turned off.

My Laptop has Win 7 Professional with an i5 brain, 8GB's of RAM and a 500GB hard drive with heaps of free memory.

The Dice that I have off eBay does not light up when I plug the USB into the laptop port. There is no SD card in the slot.

Your help would be much appreciated.
Tricky, as I can't and don't vouch for getting other sellers systems up and running which is why I provide my own solutions.
Based on what you've said though, there are no SD cards in any Dice so that isn't an issue and the Dice requires power from the car's diagnostic port before plugging into the laptop and being recognised so try that.
The Following User Says Thank You to cheshired5 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 20:36   #763
Dannydude

Default Vida software disc purchase

cheshired5, do you sell Vida 2014d on disc all ready to install? If so, may I order one from you?

Looking at the Swedespeed forum, appears that there may be a problem with the win 7 pro 64bit patch so IE 11 will not open to show Vida content, hence the blank screen with "local host". The Vida status shows a green flag and running. IE 9 will not run on my Win 7 Pro 64bit.

All a bit of a puzzle.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 22:23   #764
Dannydude

Default VIDA DICE Module

I plugged the Dice module into the OBD2 connector and sure enough the LED's lit up and flashed.

There is a rubberised end cap on the unit held on with an allen key bolt. Underneath the cap there is an SD Card slot on a black metal plate. I won't go there, I secured the end cap back.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 23:13   #765
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
cheshired5, do you sell Vida 2014d on disc all ready to install? If so, may I order one from you?
I don't sell software as it's freely available but buyers from elsewhere can buy my time if they don't want to continue battling with dodgy files or incomplete instructions.
Pm sent.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 23:19   #766
Dannydude

Default Vida Software

Thank you for the PM. I am new on here and unable to send PM's, with me having less than 30 posts.

From the PM received, That sounds like a good idea. I will just need to make time when I can do this.

The Vida files are loaded, 8gb of data. It's all there just that the viewer won't open.

It will be worth a try. I will get back to you. Thanks again.
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 01:55   #767
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
That sounds like a good idea. I will just need to make time when I can do this.... I will get back to you. Thanks again.
Did you manage to get a free fix?
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 21:56   #768
paddy74

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshired5 View Post
[...]
can buy my time
[...]
Is that a serious offer? If it is, please let me know what you cost.

It's not only about VIDA, but as you already have done a lot of repairs for your videos, there might be some questions that I would like to have answered before starting the repair. And who better to ask, than someone who had already done this. Sometimes a forum isn't enough, but going to the dealer is too much. That's where you would come into play.
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 22:46   #769
Brucat

Default Cherished5 Vida

Hi
Sorry to cut across the thread but I would like to recommend Cherished5 at the highest level. I bought my Vida & Dice unit last week and am staggered at the professionalism & helpfulness of Simon.
Brucat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brucat For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 21:35   #770
New Duke

Hi Simon,

I've recently inherited my mum's 2007 XC70 (P3 chassis) which has done 266k miles. It's been dealership serviced until now but I plan on maintaining it myself.

Do you have a DICE box that I could buy from you? I plan on using a virtual machine version of VIDA 2014D with it (sourced from one of the other Volvo enthusiast forums).

I couldn't PM you as I haven't hit the min post count yet and didn't want to spam anyone's thread to get there. Could you please PM me payment instructions?

Thank you,
Haydn

Last edited by New Duke; Dec 5th, 2020 at 21:40.
New Duke is offline   Reply With Quote