Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2007 V70 D5 Clutch replacement?

Views : 6690

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 19th, 2013, 22:46   #11
turbo d
paneuro

Cheers, I will check tomorrow and keep an eye on it. Will let you know how it goes. thanks turbo d
turbo d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 23:37   #12
Richard Swinney

Default CSC Failure

When my CSC failed, I had no obvious signs of anything until i got a low brake fluid message on the dash.

When I checked it - no surprise - I had low brake fluid. I had read there is a clever design that uses 1 resovoir for brake and clutch sides.
I topped it up, and was ok for a few days.
Then i noticed fluid on the road under the car.
a quick trip to the garage, and up on the ramp she went.
Clutch fluid seen dripping from bell housing, and diagnosis was made.

physical operation of clutch was fine throughout. Pedal felt ok and did not slip, even when giving it the beans.

DMF flywheel outside tolerance when it was all removed and checked.
££$$$££ big bill overall, partially met by warranty.
Richard Swinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 00:44   #13
turbo d
paneuro

Hi, checked the fluid level today and it was down a little so I have topped it up and will keep my eye on it. I think it is almost certainly the slave leaking in its infancy so will start gathering parts together in case I get caught out. will keep everybody informed. cheers turbo d.
turbo d is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turbo d For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 12:56   #14
ianbr
WhyStillAnOptimistAtHeart

Don't be too quick to condemn.

Have had clutch judder first thing in the morning for the first few pull aways whenever the weather gets damp and cold for about 4 or 5 years now.

Car is 04 reg S60 D5 and has 194k on the clock with all original clutch bits.

When it first started I too was very concerned and wondered about failure of DMF, clutch etc. but noticed it did not happen once car was warm or during the summer. Decided not to do anything about it unless it got worse and so far so good.

Not seeing any loss of fluid so am confident CSC is fine as well

For me it's now a 'feature' of the car and as I say after the first few starts it's gone anyway. Much better than a collegue who complained about his 320d which had clutch judder once it had warmed up - apparently very common and BMW dealers suggest living with it. I know which 'feature' I'd rather have.
ianbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2018, 19:46   #15
jogusk

Default i am going to do this on my v70 2.0D 2008

does anybody have a step-by-step on how to remove/re-attach the transmission? with photos and explanations, with warnings about mistakes to not make etc...? i have tried to find this for some time online, but i have been unsuccessful in my search. maybe there already is a post here somewhere?
thanks
jogusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2018, 10:11   #16
Thassos
GoldMember

Smile Might be useful?

Hello Jog,

Seasons greetings..

I have the info your looking for, but.. its for the D5 engine so im not sure how different this will be, but probably a lot of identical stuff, let me know your email and ill send you a copy if you like
Thassos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 14:45   #17
volvo24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thassos View Post
Hello Jog,

Seasons greetings..

I have the info your looking for, but.. its for the D5 engine so im not sure how different this will be, but probably a lot of identical stuff, let me know your email and ill send you a copy if you like
Hello, I'm little bit late but I would be very grateful for clutch/transmission replacement manual for Volvo D5.
My Email: stasys.kezys@gmail.com
volvo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 17:35   #18
Swede Steed

I had a clutch judder on my D5 for ages. Eventually on one long trip the brake fluid light came on, topped it up but then the pedal went to the floor and stayed there, slave cylinder had popped, game over.

I wasn't feeling anywhere near brave enough to attempt the job so it went to an indy. Failed around 100k.
Swede Steed is offline   Reply With Quote