Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Alarm problem (red light on fully)

Views : 446

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 28th, 2007, 21:08   #1
theblues
I've Been Banned

Default Alarm problem (red light on fully)

Hello hoping someone can help, my alarm started going off for no reason I unlocked and locked again with the fob key thingy but still kept going off at ramdom times. Now the red light on the speaker is on all the time (the alarms not going off at the moment so i guess its broken).

I read the manual and as far as I can tell theres no LED code for this what I means is it tells you if its working because it flashes ect. But does not explain why it would be on all the time.

I've read through many posts but cant seem to find an answer.

I've ruled out someone trying to nick it.

I also know what to check for tommorow when the sun comes up,bonnet connection,dodgy battery ect ect.

When the light does start flashing as normal then the alarm will go off at some point.

The very bad thing about this, is that my car was parked about 100m away and I had no idea it was my alarm going of as I just got the car (did'nt even know it had an alarm lol)so for the best part of the day I could here someones alarm going off thinking that must be ****ing everyone off big time and **** is it load I thought nar cant be my car but eventully I moved it outside my place and to my horror it was oh dear just happy nowone smashed my windows.

Anyway any idea why that red light is on all the time not been a problem until today the only thing I done differant was give someone a jump start but that was 3 days ago.?????

Any info appreciated.
theblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 21:15   #2
tarmacsurfer
Monkey

what car? 850, V70 P1? check the boot light is not on as the boot microswitch can fail or work intermittently and this in turns sets off the alarm (I had this recently...) Lots of WD40 and slamming of boot later...it still works intermittently!! just a bit better..
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 21:17   #3
theblues
I've Been Banned

Thanks for reply, forgot to mention its a V40 1999 T reg
theblues is offline   Reply With Quote