Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

List of fault codes! Help!

Views : 455

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 21st, 2018, 01:23   #1
F10pst3r

Default List of fault codes! Help!

Hello,
So other than the dreaded “anti skid service” message (still not a clue how to fix this) I did a scan today on codes.
P0123 - TPS circuit high
P0222 - TPS circuit low
P0335 - crankshaft position sensor circuit
P1412 - unknown code

Could anyone shed some light on what could be wrong here?
I cleared all faults - none have come back yet, other than the anti skid now and then.

Also, there is a feeling of a dip in power now and then. As if someone is dabbing the brakes lightly (usually when pedal is at a certain position) this is also joined by temporary limp mode (no longer than 15 seconds)

I want to get this sorted but don’t know where to start! I’ve cleaned all contacts on the fuse box under the passenger side dash. What to try next?
F10pst3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2018, 02:01   #2
cheshired5
Premier Member

First job will be to Google the individual codes.
They're generic OBD2 codes so will be easy to find.
Old Sep 21st, 2018, 07:51   #3
dingov70
Master Member

Hi there , the first two codes refer to the throttle position sensors , most probably wear / dirt on contact faces . Normally the switches are sealed & hard to get at

The crank sensor may be slowly giving up its will to live or simply have a build up of oily rubbish over the very end of the sensor , stopping it from providing the ECU with a stable signal

AND FINALLY !
P1412 EGR Different.Pressure Sensor Signal too Low

hope these help
Old Sep 22nd, 2018, 09:37   #4
F10pst3r

Thanks all!
I’m trying to locate the TPS, to give it a clean. Does anyone know where it’s located?
F10pst3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2018, 21:18   #5
dingov70
Master Member

It is usual to have two TPS one under / attached to the Loud pedal & normally sealed in a plastic housing . The other is in the throttle body and even more difficult to get at .

You can use a live data reader to see which sensor is misbehaving , at a push an multimeter can be used . You are looking for a sudden drop or large increase in the resistance values as you SMOOTHLY operate the pedal