Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anti-skid service required

Views : 9300

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 19th, 2010, 08:45   #1
kvw

Default Anti-skid service required

Hi all,

ANTI-SKID SERVICE REQUIRED has just come up on my 2004 XC90 D5

anyone had this before and what's the solution?
kvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 09:04   #2
Sportwag

Yes, "Anti Skid Service Required" appeared on my XC90 on Sunday evening approximately 1-month after buying the car from a Volvo Dealer. I phoned the service department and was advised that this is quite common (apparently they have seen a few due to the recent weather) and the advice was to wait a couple of days to see if it clears. It cleared this morning - if it reappears, the car will have to go in as I don't like the idea of driving without DSTC.
Sportwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 09:37   #3
Stevepvolvo

Smile

Happened on my XC70. Went in to Volvo after the warning came on and they cleaned one of the abs sensor's. Reocurred curiously when the temp dropped below freezing (not a great time to lose teh skid control) and it went in again and this time they replaced the particular abs sensor. The sensor controls both the abs and traction control. Been fine now for over a year :-)
Stevepvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 11:08   #4
Mitesh

I had the same message on Saturday. Drove it again on Sunday and was fine and had reset itself. Been fine for about 50 miles now. I have only had my xc90 2 weeks (55 plate) so was a little concerned when i saw the message as i dont have any money left!!!
Mitesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 15:55   #5
George71

Hello,

I have had this sign come on and off for a while now so it has been to the dealer on many occasions unfortunately this seems to be a common problem for 2004/05 models:- (as usual they go faulty just out of warranty). The dealer kept on insisting that i change clock spring and lever hub

Some of the reasons are as follows:-
1.brake dust/dirt that affects the sensor
2.Tracking is out causing the sensor to get confused
3.Faulty sensor

I left it for a year or so until eventaully another warning sign came on "engine system service required" so I changed the clock spring and lever hub as advised.. lets wait and see.
George71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 17:01   #6
262coupe

Default anti-skid service

I`ve had the same message on my '57 xc90 v8. It came on the day after the snow last year but cleared after drivign a short distance and then switching off and on again. The message coming on in the first place might have had something to do with me turning off the DTSC and doing four-wheel drifts V8 style in an empty car park while at work ;-) the day before !
262coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 19:44   #7
kvw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 262coupe View Post
I`ve had the same message on my '57 xc90 v8. It came on the day after the snow last year but cleared after drivign a short distance and then switching off and on again. The message coming on in the first place might have had something to do with me turning off the DTSC and doing four-wheel drifts V8 style in an empty car park while at work ;-) the day before !

lol, sounds like what I did too!!

going to steam-wash the car tomorrow, see what happens.
kvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 23:45   #8
loveableguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvw View Post
lol, sounds like what I did too!!

going to steam-wash the car tomorrow, see what happens.
Hello kvw,
Does steam-wash help at all? I have the same problem on my 05 v8 after a snow storm.
Thanks
loveableguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 08:01   #9
owenfackrell
Premier Member

I get this ocassionally but only after playing in the mud so i have put it down to mud getting on the abs ring but im going to check them when i get a chance to do so. I would have thought that snow would/could do the same. It doesnormally clear preaty quickly.
owenfackrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 17:07   #10
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Get the error codes checked. It could be a faulty yaw sensor.