Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 960/V90 estate wanted

Views : 998

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 9th, 2019, 00:47   #11
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajdude321 View Post
HI
I have a 1995 960 mk2 3.0 auto i am willing to part with, ive had it only a few months, it was a family friends who has owned it since 1996 and when it failed its mot this year, they decided they wanted to scrap it.
However, they offered it to me first, so i accepted it as i didnt want to see it gone to the scrap man.
i have plenty of other cars which i am far to busy with doing so the 960 has taken a back seat.
the 960 has 137k on the clock and plenty of paperwork to go with it, the timing belt has been done at 130k which is good it has lived in spain most of its life at my friends holiday home. although he has had it for a long time i cant say cosmetically it has been looked after particularly well, the inside has faded from the beating sun and has plenty of scuffs on the bumpers but no major dents or anything. but its pretty much been mechanically looked after well.
Most of the work for the mot has been done, welding on the battery tray, power steering pump replaced.
currently does not have an MOT but looking to get it through one as soon as i have time. REGISTRATION M712OBE
thanks
alastair
How much do you want? My Dad is looking for a 960 as a run arou d while he restores his saab 9000
360beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2019, 20:52   #12
ThePurplePanther
Member at Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajdude321 View Post
HI
I have a 1995 960 mk2 3.0 auto i am willing to part with, ive had it only a few months, it was a family friends who has owned it since 1996 and when it failed its mot this year, they decided they wanted to scrap it.
However, they offered it to me first, so i accepted it as i didnt want to see it gone to the scrap man.
i have plenty of other cars which i am far to busy with doing so the 960 has taken a back seat.
the 960 has 137k on the clock and plenty of paperwork to go with it, the timing belt has been done at 130k which is good it has lived in spain most of its life at my friends holiday home. although he has had it for a long time i cant say cosmetically it has been looked after particularly well, the inside has faded from the beating sun and has plenty of scuffs on the bumpers but no major dents or anything. but its pretty much been mechanically looked after well.
Most of the work for the mot has been done, welding on the battery tray, power steering pump replaced.
currently does not have an MOT but looking to get it through one as soon as i have time. REGISTRATION M712OBE
thanks
alastair
Any chance you could find out the paint code? Should be on the plate at he front of the engine bay.

Thanks

PP
ThePurplePanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2019, 21:30   #13
Ajdude321

i will have a look at the paint code tommorow its currently not just outside the house. probably looking for £950 with an mot, which i dont think is to unrealistic as most of them on ebay with an mot are £1500
Ajdude321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2019, 22:29   #14
griston64
Premier Member

Going by my 940 it looks like it could be 418 Regent Red
griston64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2019, 12:40   #15
black t top

This one is the right sort of mileage, sounds very cheap and a similar color as her 940 so I know my wife likes that, but it's a bit more worn than I'm really after, (hope I don't sound picky lol!).

I'll upload some pics of my wifes 940 this week so everyone gets an idea of the kind of thing I'm after, not wanting a show car, but wanting something that's not got a long list of things that need looked at either, our 940 is a nice one, the 960's gotta be at least in the same condition and reliability. Quite happy to pay the money to get the right car.
black t top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2019, 19:37   #16
rwdkev
VOC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griston64 View Post
Going by my 940 it looks like it could be 418 Regent Red
Yes, I'd say that's what it looks like as well
rwdkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2019, 20:06   #17
rwdkev
VOC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by black t top View Post
Seen a few on Ebay but either the mileage is getting up there (I know they can do it, but not really wanting to start at over 150K for a car we plan to keep forever).
There are now ten 960 mk2/90 estates on there at time of writing in a whole range of prices/conditions and three of them are well below that mileage threshold. Best of luck with finding what you are after.
Old Jun 12th, 2019, 22:34   #18
rwdkev
VOC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by black t top View Post
.....I think only the mk2 960/V90 has the passenger airbag.....
Front passenger side airbag was available right from the first 960 mk2's in '94 up until the last 90's in '98. However, it was only ever an optional extra and unfortunately for you very few cars had them fitted.
Old Sep 18th, 2019, 00:23   #19
rwdkev
VOC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
I have seen more manual V90's than 960's.
Actually there were a lot more 960 manuals sold new than V90 manuals. This year there have been about half a dozen 960's come up for sale. Here's one on at the moment....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-960...0AAOSw0z9depES