Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S60 heated seats

Views : 1047

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 9th, 2004, 19:44   #1
greenwellington

Does anyone know if the S60 has the same problems with deterioration of the heating elements as the S80 models?
Also, does anyne else get a pain down the side of the leg after driving for any length of time?
It almost appears that the "upstands" at each side to give lateral support are too high or too hard
Old May 2nd, 2006, 22:09   #2
Hilton
C J

Red face Pain from seats

Someone may correct me, but I reckon the seats in my V70 SE are of the same design and trim as those fitted to the S60. My V70 is a UK spec MY 2005 SE fitted with what are known as sports seats in standard full leather (not the extra soft version).
Although extremely supportive and very helpful to my lower back, the seats tend to cause slight discomfort on long journeys, both to my bum and to my thigh muscles at the rear and side, particularly where the front side bolsters tend to "dig in" to my legs. Unless I am considered by Volvo seat designers to be too large/wide/sensitive, I find that the flat portion of the seat is about 1 inch too narrow and the bolsters just a little too hard.
After 8000 mls, I am still experimenting with seat adjustments to find the optimum position , but it still eludes me. I keep wondering if its me, or is it Volvo who have gone one step too far with sporty styled seats ? If anyone has a method for finding the perfect seat position, please let me know ...does this fit with your experience?
Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 00:15   #3
mhon72
Master Member

You are indeed correct, your V70 has the same seats as the S60 with the harder Select leather.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets a numb bum - well left buttock - on longer journeys. Regular journeys are fine and I love climbing into my S60 after a long day on my feet.
It has been bugging me for a while this, it's not the seat springs poking through or the foam collapsing as they're all fine. I've tried tweaking the seat positions. I don't think I have a particularly large posterior with a 32" waist and I wouldn't say it was bony either!
The seat bolster cushions don't seem particularly hard, they seem to offer the right support. Perhaps the softer Sovereign or Inscription leather may be more yielding and comforting! I sat in a V70 with the Inscription leather the other day, to coin a local phrase it was "gert lush!" The Sovereign leather is equally soft but the seats seem bigger/bulkier as opposed to the Inscription which had the leaner look of the regular Sports seats plus the softer leather.
Perhaps I should get some Gliptone conditioner which will feed and perhaps soften the leather a bit?
Or maybe we need to take the advice of the DoT and take more breaks on long journeys to stretch our legs.
mhon72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 15:58   #4
anth001
woof woof!

Cool

NO WAY!

I've just been on a shopping trip with "ye ball o'chain" and when we arrive i asked the missus....."is your legs and *rse...hurting??"

So...with a funny look and a stern reply of "no!....what have you been up to....!!) I explained and pointed......it's the seat.....thats hurt my seat!!lol

cheers

Anth
anth001 is offline   Reply With Quote