Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General > 400 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

"Ray-le-otter" 460 CD turbo auto 1992 £1500 ONO

Views : 2046

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 4th, 2020, 21:25   #1
Anadinolin
VOC Member

Default "Ray-le-otter" 460 CD turbo auto 1992 £1500 ONO

Due to lack of space and time to continue work on this car I have decided that sadly its time for Ray le otter to move on.

So far she has laid up in my garage with the purple 460 for a few years, while I went through divorce proceedings. Now that that is over I have moved up to Lowestoft to get away and moved her up with me, recently I have been doing some of the work yardy has not managed to get done himself.

She has now got:
- a new exhaust
- Solved the hot start issue
- New fuel pump
- New aerial
- Rewired the radio (front and back speakers where the wrong way round)
- tweaked the idle for the richmod ecu I believe she has
- fitted half leather seats
- very plush carpet washed and cleaned
- LEDs sourced and fitted to clocks

Things I know she needs:
- speedo sometimes works or dosent, might be a loose connection with either the clocks or the speed sensor needs replacing
- the LED for the digital display is intermittent, I will try and fix when I have time, may solve the speedo issue?
- passenger door lock barrel needs replacing
- washer jet nozzle stall on the passenger side needs replacing
- rear exhaust bracket where it doglegs over the rear axle
- rear arches are in very good condition for the usual but rusty still, spare set in boot
- without putting her through an MOT I don't know what other issues she has
- sunroof leaks a little, I suspect seals or it is not stopping in the right position as pushing it upwards in the shut position stops water leaks

In the sale:
- braided stainless Steel brake hoses
- lowering kit, shocks and springs
- manual gearbox
- manual pedal box with clutch cable
- volvo turbo bodykit
- 2 850 fog lights, which apparently fit.
- Ronal R10 turbos

Her features:
- she is good looking for her age
- some dimples in her bonnet and boot where vandals have ran and jumped on her, but roof is good
- shopping trolley dings
- her bonnet sometimes sticks
- ronals need slight refurbishment, not through rash but through age.
- audi BoV fitted by previous.
- I have tried to find and correct poor wiring where I have found it
- k&n airfilter

Questions welcome. Pictures will be linked in following post (if that's allowed)

Last edited by Anadinolin; Jan 4th, 2020 at 22:51.
Anadinolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2020, 22:12   #2
Anadinolin
VOC Member

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...76lTNPtasj0nXx

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...0HL70XOFQEmyyU

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...vthDo&d=n&vh=i

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...YO4pN9jegHRmLE

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...YfTEp4pk7yg59t

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...wrsWUOTePEx3Yb

Very rare car, very enjoyable drive, pictures hide a few blemishes it's best to see in person,

Sold as seen obviously 😁 I have done my best to describe the condition to you guys and I hope that she makes it back on the road.

Edit: she'll need trailering!

Last edited by Anadinolin; Jan 4th, 2020 at 22:50.
Old Jan 5th, 2020, 21:08   #3
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Looks really nice, those Ronal's suit it a lot. I hope it finds a good home and is back on the road very soon, good luck selling it.
360beast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 4th, 2020, 20:06   #4
Anadinolin
VOC Member

No bites on the car yet, I have found another issue since the advert was made, it needs new track/tie rod ends and while I do those, I will sort out the ball joints as well, this will happen during the last week of February provided parts are available and the car hasn't gone at that point.

If I feel financially able to and am able to find a solution to the window washer stalk on the leaf baffle, I will stick her through her MOT, if she passes, Great. if she fails we know what else she will want, I would be happy to negotiate a price either way. I personally don't feel like she will need more than what I have mentioned to get through.

I have also got a pair or rear arch panels. I will update the advert with more pictures and video of her blemishes. All very minor for her age and considering how these have a tenancy to rot.

Edit: fergot to mention DAB Bluetooth only (no CD no cassette) radio Sony xplod included and V5c sent to DVLA for address change, will have it back in a couple of weeks 😁

Last edited by Anadinolin; Feb 4th, 2020 at 20:11.
Old Feb 29th, 2020, 14:00   #5
Anadinolin
VOC Member

Car is no longer up for sale, worked my tits off on overtime and extended the driveway, I have space to keep it