Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Two questions..... EGR and Fuel Corrections

Views : 1929

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 30th, 2016, 14:18   #11
osullivant

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
ECM 135F Only

i have had this code in the past and it was the boost pipe that goes to the rocker cover that was causing the issue with the clip not being tight enough, i would check the intake system pipes for this issue.
mike
Thanks. I am sure these are all fine but I certainly check everything again.
osullivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2016, 19:14   #12
osullivant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshired5 View Post
Delve into the parts system of Vida with your vehicle details and try to find the part number.
I may have an EGR valve.
Thanks. The EGR valve is part number 36000997 with the electronic unit 30774814 part no. 31216573

My suspicion is that it is the sensor in the electronic part which is the problem. I tried to check the impedance in the outlets thinking that this would change with the position of the sensor piston. But had zero link between any two sets of pins. The valve itself appears to move if activations in Vida are done. When the engine starts it shows 86% then with some revving it shows as low as 70. After some time it goes to 100% with a horrible fluttering noise from the general area of the airbox.

The same effect is obtained if whilst the engine is running the wiring to the EGR is disconnected.

Does anybody have a simple way to check this electronic part.

On torque the error for EGR constantly swings from 100% one way to the other whilst showing the same position % as Vida..

Perplexed.....

Thanks in advance

Tony
osullivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2020, 14:54   #13
Zeamon

Hi.
Did you find any solutions to why the egr was stuck at 95%?
Mine does the exact thing. I thought it was the egr itself and got it replaced, but the issue remained. No faults in Vida. When the engine is warm and the valve gets stuck white smoke comes from the exhaust and the fuel consumption gets very high.
I am running out of ideas!
Zeamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2020, 15:30   #14
9000rpm

I think your EGR sitting at 95%, smoke coming out and fuel consumption increasing is the DPF going into a regen.

watching the EGR setting on my car was how I knew when it was entering a regen. to my surprise it was continually trying to regen with maybe only a period of 20 seconds in-between regens when the EGR would be moving normally! I got the DPF cleaned out and the issue went away.

it took ages looking at DPF issue threads where I came across a mention of the EGR sitting at 95% is a clear way to know its in a regen cycle.

the whole time I never once had a warning light to say the DPF was full and it was continually trying to regen!

Last edited by 9000rpm; Oct 15th, 2020 at 15:45.
9000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote