Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Sensus Dropping Out

Views : 2940

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 13th, 2020, 14:54   #11
rubachuk

Cheers. I'll check when the Mrs gets home.
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 17:53   #12
ergonomist

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo s60 2001 View Post
Have you got the latest map version installed (1311)? I am asking this, because most of the speed signs information shown on the dashboard are coming from the installed map. If there is difference from the map information and what the camera reads, then the camera one is shown as the actual.
In danger of going off-topic here, but there's a road near me that was changed from a 40 limit to 30 about 9 months ago. Maps 1311 still shows it as 40 (there are now no signs but the car speed limit display goes up to 40 at the point the old limit changed). So it seems as if the map drives the display in the absence of a speed limit sign. Definitely doesn't bode well for 2022.
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 17:56   #13
niva441

I was under the impression the camera provides the speed data. I often find (on roads with unchanged limits) the limit speed is wrong until a speed limit sign comes into sight.
niva441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 18:35   #14
ergonomist

Pretty sure it's both - but I can't work out the priorities. As mentioned - incorrect map data seems to drive a change, but I've also had the limit change because the camera picked up a sign on a side road. I'd prefer it if the display greyed-out if there's a discrepancy between the two, or some other means of indicating untrustworthy data
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 19:24   #15
niva441

Yes that would be an improvement to reinforce if the data is unreliable.
niva441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 19:26   #16
volvo s60 2001

Most of you probably have realised, that sometimes you can see two speed limits on the dashboard, one bigger (the current one), than the other behind (what follows in few hundred of yards). So what it means is the information is provided by the map itself, because the camera wouldn't know what follows in half a mile.
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2020, 15:19   #17
dchbrown

I replied with this to another thread on this subject, but i have been having the same problem made worse by a system update applied at its service in August.

I just wanted to add that mine is currently (as in today) in the garage for this exact issue.

It has done this (along with 3 reboots and then fine) on and off since i had the vehicle, and mine is a 68 plate as well.

What makes me think Volvo might be aware of this is I have just had a call from the garage asking about whether i used DAB or FM radio very much, specifically if i used DAB a lot.

That leads me to think there is an issue with the radio "app" and they are aware of it. The garage implied that it might be some time for a fix if they don't get an update back from Sweden this afternoon for this issue.

I will reply again later if i hear anything further.
Old Oct 21st, 2020, 16:51   #18
dchbrown

Well, i have been asked to use the FM radio instead of DAB and try and leave a phone unpaired for a few days to see whether it makes it any different/better.

Not sure if thats a long term solution or just the next fault finding step to do!

My guess would be they have a theory but its one of two likely expensive parts and they dont want to replace one to find out its the other, and this way they can narrow it down and confirm it either way.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 16:42   #19
Flyingspanner

Same hear, just had my 2020 XC60 back from the dealer today for the same issue - Already had the latest software from the service a few weeks ago and was told to use FM radio not DAB as a temporary solution - Apparently Volvo are working on a software fix apparently
Flyingspanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 11:01   #20
Tonyr027

My Sensus occasionally dropped out on my XC60. Spoke to the dealer several months ago and they didn’t appear to be aware of any particular fault.
I decided to raise it when it goes in for its next service, however after reading this thread I’ve now just used FM and haven’t had any drop outs.
Hope they find a solution soon
Tonyr027 is offline   Reply With Quote