Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

road rage.... :-(

Views : 2455

Replies : 41

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 5th, 2019, 20:11   #41
steadvex
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusmotorsport View Post
I drive hgv for living. see this and worse every day. I let it go over my head. if no damage done to either vehicles its not worring about. it can be a downer when you do.
99% of the time I'm the same, but there are the odd occasion that I'm really embarrassed by my own driving and its always because of someone else's dangerous/wreck less/impatient driving that winds me up enough to do something I shouldn't, like the OP's example.

One thing I've noticed, I'm constantly cut up by people with dashcam's, every single day at the same junction you see cars dive across 3 lanes, accelerate to pass at red lines and turn without indicating to get that one car ahead, most of the time they are proudly driving with the dashcam's and I can't help but feel they think they are epic drivers and after a good day of cutting everyone up they get home and upload all the road rage incidents they have caused and claim to be a saint! Bit of stereotyping going on but so far its my excuse for not getting a dash cam

I'm also a big of a bugger for leaving a 2 second gap which means every single day I get people diving in front of me before junctions, sometimes 3 cars in that gap and I tend to keep a gap as sanely as possible! I was involved in a shunt years ago and learned my lesson not to get too close and that was sub 5mph and I didn't stop in time, don't get how people cope doing it at 70 mph knowing it could be the last thing they do if traffic stops suddenly!
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2019, 07:56   #42
Welton
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmi View Post
May I suggest 'W' that if you are going strait ahead at a roundabout and there is traffic approaching in the same exit you intend turning into, a left turn indicate would let them know you are not about to turn across them?
I probably didn't explain myself well, what I meant was....I'm sitting waiting to enter a roundabout, I can see a car directly opposite on the other side indicating right...so I wait...thinking he's going to turn right and cross my intended path...but then he goes straight ahead in the exit lane directly to my right (straight on at the roundabout). I keep seeing people do this when they should, as you say, indicate left to show their intention to leave at the next exit and there's certainly no need to indicate 'right' when you intend to go straight ahead.
2018 Infiniti Q30 1.6T Business Executive (what's this button do?)
Welton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Welton For This Useful Post: