Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 Polestar

Views : 2133

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 3rd, 2020, 22:02   #1
THEFLUTE

Default V60 Polestar

So Last year we swapped the V60 Smoker for a slightly quicker petrol version.

So first off was having some new tyres so took it in to make sure it was all pointing in the right direction. Was money well spent and he did a few bits and bobs till it was spot on.

Was looking round to uprate the intercooler and couldnt find a lot that I thought was the right way to go so set about getting my own made. Im lucky that I have a couple of talented friends one who makes top quailty Cores and another thats great at welding. So after a bit of designing and chatting we decided on a 96mm core. 10mm thicker than standard and the same width. I also brought some Silicon and Alloy hoses for it. Im pleased with the fit and want to get it on the dyno to see how much it helps

I order a IPD Sport Cat downpipe from the states just before the Flu outbreak and delivery was impressive and its was with me in 5 days. Lucky I had plenty of time on my hands as fitting it was a bit of a ba#tard. The car has a fake fire wall that all needs removing to get to the bolts on the turbo. Fit was very good and it has a nice deep tone on normal and a lovely Growl when in sports mode.

Discs were getting a bit worn so got some Genuine volvo ones and a set of Pagid Yellow pads

Last but not least I brought a Snabb air induction kit as the standard on is a bit restrictive and also runs over the top of the turbo. I wasnt a fan of the engine cover you can get with it as its a piece of bent aluminium and was about £130 so I found a Landrover one that was cheap on ebay( same engine and fitting points) . I did a bit of cutting and and it fits spot on. Think ill carbon skin it when I get a minute

I also did a couple of other bits. I have a TDI tuning box at the minute but will get it in for a proper map when I get round to it. Hope for around 400hp and 600nm. I fitted a GFB turbo diverter valve as the standard ones are prone to leaking a bit boost
https://ibb.co/3mgcwBg
THEFLUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2020, 14:12   #2
domhart10
Volvo S40

Nice looking estate there, sorry TDI tuning box? thats one of the chip boxes isnt it? on a polestar?

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2020, 16:48   #3
THEFLUTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by domhart10 View Post
Nice looking estate there, sorry TDI tuning box? thats one of the chip boxes isnt it? on a polestar?
Yeah piggy back ECU meant to take it up to nearly 400hp but heard mixed reports So might be off for a proper remap.
Old May 5th, 2020, 09:46   #4
domhart10
Volvo S40

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFLUTE View Post
Yeah piggy back ECU meant to take it up to nearly 400hp but heard mixed reports So might be off for a proper remap.
Yeh man I would rip that thing right off, tuning boxes tend to over fuel causing issues and will very rarly come close to the stated bhp figures.

I would get a proper map done on that car with a reputable tuner who also has a dyno. You can then get an actual dyno print out figure then a guess as every car will give a different print out.

You would want a nice custom tune to make the most of the additional bolt ons you have added as well.

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2020, 23:05   #5
GrahamHR

Visit Swedespeed, an USA forum.

I also have a V60 Polestar, a T6 one, with 15,000 miles on it.

Loads of people on that forum want to know how to safely remove the false firewall on the T6/ T6 Polestar. To rectify a turbo oil inlet hose leak. No-one has come up with a solution, the worry is disconnecting the ECU necessitating a visit to a Volvo dealer.
GrahamHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2020, 15:06   #6
THEFLUTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamHR View Post
Visit Swedespeed, an USA forum.

I also have a V60 Polestar, a T6 one, with 15,000 miles on it.

Loads of people on that forum want to know how to safely remove the false firewall on the T6/ T6 Polestar. To rectify a turbo oil inlet hose leak. No-one has come up with a solution, the worry is disconnecting the ECU necessitating a visit to a Volvo dealer.
I had my battery disconnected and then unplugged the ECU. Was no problem at all. Took me about 2hrs to get fire wall out.
Old May 16th, 2020, 12:51   #7
doorman

Hi Philip, makes some interesting reading, not long now before I get my Polestar back, and will post up the long awaited results, trust it will be worth the 9 week wait.
David