Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Gonna have to sell up

Views : 1381

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 21st, 2018, 12:24   #11
Groundes-Peace
Master Member

Peter,
To try to put some more meat on the bone, so to speak, I put here the 3 most recent sales I have found on classic car auctions.
Classic Car Auctions (which also trades under the Silverstone brand) in their 15th September sale had a 1965 P1800S (Lot 615) which sold for £16,667 ,including buyer's commission. The car had been re-trimmed and had a rebuilt engine. The bodywork apparently had some visible blemishes and using the auctioneer's quality score was 108/135.
Anglia Car Auctions sale of 25 August had a 1971 P1800E ,mustard colour ,that sold for £14,840.
Historics sale back on 19 May had a very tidy looking 1966 car, that supposedly had been fully restored sold for £24,080.

Hagerty have their vaulation tool which is worth at least looking over.
For a 1965 car their assessment on values is as follows:
FAIR £12,100 GOOD £15,000 EXCELLENT £22,700
CONCOURS £33,500

Based on the achieved auction results above, one would think the Hagerty figures look sensible.
Groundes-Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2018, 17:59   #12
Peterjohnbull
VOC Member

Original colour blue. Lovely it is too!
Old Oct 8th, 2018, 08:13   #13
Peterjohnbull
VOC Member

Hagerty valued it at the Bicester Scramble at the weekend, also a rep from H & H auctions and a classic car magazine (can't remember which one). Came in between Good and Excellent in the Hagerty range which is good as I had done nothing to smarten it up, not even a clean and it was looking a bit shabby.
Old Oct 8th, 2018, 13:35   #14
kmb

Stick it on here and also carandclassic.co.uk, I think it's free to advertise there!
kmb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kmb For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 8th, 2018, 20:45   #15
Peterjohnbull
VOC Member

Default Not gonna sell it

I have changed my mind.

I might not use it all that much, but having gone to the Bicester Heritage Scramble at the weekend, met some great Volvo owners and seen the varying quality in classic cars and also how well the P1800S stands up against some really, really posh cars...

I am keeping him.

I am not sure if it is perhaps weird to consider a car male, but mine is an old man. Albeit, not blessed with a name.
Old Oct 8th, 2018, 20:52   #16
Groundes-Peace
Master Member

Well done. Yes it stand up well to some of what others see as top classic models.
The design can match that of Aston and Ferrari of that era in my view, way ahead of the German cars of that decade!
You my have seen several P1800 cars at Bicester, but if you look at the how may left now website, you have a real treasure....!
Groundes-Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Groundes-Peace For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 8th, 2018, 21:09   #17
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterjohnbull View Post
I have changed my mind.

I might not use it all that much, but having gone to the Bicester Heritage Scramble at the weekend, met some great Volvo owners and seen the varying quality in classic cars and also how well the P1800S stands up against some really, really posh cars...

I am keeping him.

I am not sure if it is perhaps weird to consider a car male, but mine is an old man. Albeit, not blessed with a name.
the money ted up in the car will repay you more than any investment in the future when you can no longer get in it ...
Old Oct 9th, 2018, 22:18   #18
VolvoFan
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterjohnbull View Post
I have changed my mind.

I am keeping him.

Good for you on both counts. I'm sure you won't regret keeping your 1800, especially as they seem to be quite difficult to acquire in really good condition for reasonable money.

I never anthropomorphise my vehicles and find it curious when folk refer to their cars by using human names. After all, cars are merely mechanical objects, for Pete's sake!

There, now I've started a debate!
VolvoFan is online now   Reply With Quote