Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Headphone transmitter on XC90 Rear 10 DVD changer

Views : 6464

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 5th, 2009, 15:03   #11
fifi44

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott2 View Post
Hi, no there is not, the charging port on the headphone sender unit connect via a wire to the headphone, the lead was not included as the chargers are not really accesable. One option I supply to my clients is IR headphone up grade, these are easier to supply and they switch of when they do not receiv a signal, so the batteries last longer. Peter
Hi there, I have just purchased a 55 plate XC90 with the 10 disc dvd in the boot and the thomson headphones, one set is past its best and I also need an extra set as we have 3 children so would be really interested in buying some but do not want expensive ones as the children are only young. Have seen some on ebay for around £15 but don't want to waste money if not compatible. Also would be interested to know whether it is possible for dvds to play with sound through the stereo so with music and comedy dvds those in the front can listen even if visual only available to rear seats. At the moment our sound only seems to work through headphones.

Thanks
fifi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 23:39   #12
dsd1976

this is a pretty old thread but a question for Peter... can you still get the wiring for this system?
dsd1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 21:10   #13
martin j

Technics Wireless Headphones RP-WF920H work fine with the 10 disc system in my 54 plate SE T6. I have replaced my Thomson head phone with these and they work fine. Have paid about £10 each from ebay second hand.
Thanks
Martin
martin j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 18:20   #14
powerwing

Default dvd transmitter issue

I've just bought a 2005 xc90 with twin dvds. Issue is no sound out of the head phones. Dvd plays on the screens, battery power to the headphones is ok. When turned up I can hear a faint hiss. When I look in the boot area at the Thomson transmitter(round disc like thing) light on the front isn't lit. Does this indicate no power to it? Is this a common problem? Any ideas to fix?
powerwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2014, 04:29   #15
badboy419

Quote:
Hi, I do a set for £59.99 + P&P, please PM me if you are interested
Hi elliott2 am interested in buying the set of headphones from you so can you get in contact with me in regards to this thanks.
badboy419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2014, 22:09   #16
GJB
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy419 View Post
Hi elliott2 am interested in buying the set of headphones from you so can you get in contact with me in regards to this thanks.
elliott2 has no been on the site since January have been told he now is into cinema systems would look on ebay.
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2014, 21:13   #17
Dannyx90

Default headphones for xc 90!!

Quote:
Hi, I do a set for £59.99 + P&P, please PM me if you are interested
hello elliot ! i have a volvo xc 90 executive 2005 with dvd in the headrest and 10 dvd system.i bought the car without headphones and ive got only the thompson transmitter in the boot thompson whp 550u.can you help me with a solution for this issue? thanks a lot

Last edited by Dannyx90; Dec 9th, 2014 at 21:15.
Dannyx90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2016, 04:00   #18
badboy419

Default Xc90 DVD transmitter

Hi Elliott I have tried a few times to get a hold of you since last year when I bought a 2004 xc90 with 2 headrest tv at the back, and the aux input T the backrow seats. I have a 10 disc DVD changer which was not working properly so I bought another from eBay which works fine but still no sound from speakers in the car or the new earphones I bought from Amazon which was recommended from someone on this forum. The earphones Are from a company called next base I was assured that they were compatible with my tvs at the back of the headrest. But when I tried to connect them on both channels nothing happened the DVD plays as normal just no sound. Went into the menu on the tv and tried various adjustments but still nothing. As for a transmitter am not sure if I even have one as all I can see in the boot is the 10 disc DVD player and nothing next to it. So please can you help me out as to what the problem might be.

Last edited by badboy419; Jan 2nd, 2016 at 04:02. Reason: My phone number was left by mistake
badboy419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2016, 19:47   #19
oliverrees86

is elliot around any more to advise on the dvd changer system?
oliverrees86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2016, 16:56   #20
john langrick
Master Member

Default xc 90 rse

Hi, new member, I have a 10 disc player in back of xc90. Base unit seems to be powered but will not power either backrest screen. I think hand held controller is working, but nothing else. Am a retired electronics engineer and have looked at components and wiring but surprised that there appears to be no fuses. Amy help would be appreciated many thx, john l
john langrick is offline   Reply With Quote