Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Starting issue still.

Views : 9259

Replies : 200

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 5th, 2020, 13:23   #91
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
I can't believe you had more snow than here, we're only a few miles away as the crow flies my boys go mad, Loki is the worst, barking and trying to catch the flakes....
There have been many times i've been up on the Warren (Maids Cross Hill) waiting for a friend who i used to walk dogs with and sent her a message asking how late she's going to be. She's responded that it's P155 ING it down so i've sent her a photo showing it's dry as a bone up there! That's only about 400yds as the cow flies (crow even or F-15 maybe) although 1.5 miles by road.

Somewhere i also have a photo of where i lived before here, bright sunshine above my place and 200yds down the road, a sharp line across it where the rain isn't waiting to come down with huge black clouds overhead!

Weather is a strange thing and because i actually live on a hill, the weather here seems to closely follow what happens at the Santon Downham weather centre, including temperature and the extremes as they are both on very sandy soil.
Down in the village the other day the snow was already melting and virtually gone while it was still looking freshly fallen at home.

Also been many times i've gone to Mouldyhole and it's been the opposite weather to what's at home, 6 miles by road, probably about 4 in a direct line.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2020, 04:34   #92
Bashy
Aged Member

Crazy aint it, i love the snow, I even took the car out specifically to "test the winter tyres" other than a little slush on the back roads, I ended up giving it up as a bad job, not before slamming it up FR23 1st mind, it handled its own lol

Here are my idiots, note that this was about 8ish so I was trying to keep their noise to a minimum hence the threat of coming in, normally works, for a few seconds lol

All the way up to 4k quality, if your Bb can handle the streaming lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wmbq_5crqo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2020, 05:56   #93
lynns hubby
Master Member

I'm with you Bashy, I love the snow too. We don't get enough here in Norfolk.
can't really remember the last time we had any decent stuff and when we do I am normally away at work.
We love taking the dogs out in it too. Shame that people have forgotten how to drive in it.
lynns hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lynns hubby For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2020, 08:08   #94
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

As i said to someone yesterday, i like looking at the snow, don't like being out in it these days as it's too cold.

My last dog loved it and would wake me up early so he could go and run about in the garden. How he knew it had snowed i'll never know but he was a Lab x Husky (Huskador as i call it) so i suppose it was in him to know.

That was him in a field full of snow, Xmas 2009. Talking of which, the last long-term snow i remember us having was early 2013, ended the beginning of April. Had a few days since but can't recall anything where we had snow long term, just a few odd days.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2020, 08:20   #95
Bashy
Aged Member

Yeah, 2013 was a good year, was up in Northants, I had to break out the chains that year, main road to the dog walk was at a standstill as there was 2 decent hills, Loki and I just left them all on the verge lol

Only had Loki at this time, a long haired dog and snow does not mix.....

I also took the car (Laguna back then) down this track, with chains on, ah, good times lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2020, 08:32   #96
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Dogs have an unfair advantage over us bipeds - they have 4-by-paw drive!

The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2020, 17:31   #97
MDS40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
As i said to someone yesterday, i like looking at the snow, don't like being out in it these days as it's too cold.

My last dog loved it and would wake me up early so he could go and run about in the garden. How he knew it had snowed i'll never know but he was a Lab x Husky (Huskador as i call it) so i suppose it was in him to know.

That was him in a field full of snow, Xmas 2009. Talking of which, the last long-term snow i remember us having was early 2013, ended the beginning of April. Had a few days since but can't recall anything where we had snow long term, just a few odd days.
What a lovely looking dog.
Used to have a Border collie bitch who loved the snow.

Some previous cars include: Jaguar x type: Mazda 6 : Mazda 626: Ford Sierra 2.0: Toyota Celica ST 1600 : Hillman Avenger: Triumph Spitfire:
Oh and a Volvo 340 GL 1984 company car from new.
MDS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MDS40 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2020, 17:53   #98
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS40 View Post
What a lovely looking dog.
Used to have a Border collie bitch who loved the snow.
Thanks very much! He was a lovely dog, still miss him and he's been gone 3 years. He had a good innings though, he was at least 15 based on the "estimate" from the rescue place, more like 18-19 by my reckoning based on tooth condition, maturity and other things - i had him just under 14 years and the rescue place said he was 18 months, i think more like 4-5 years.
He was the only dog i've had that liked the snow, the others haven't liked getting their paws cold and wet!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2020, 23:42   #99
paddy74

Uh great, we are at the stage, where we post dog pics. Count me in

It's from a few years ago, winter 2011 in Austria. Charlotte is getting her moneys worth out of the snow. Two hours or a bad look for me, when going inside. What you can't see are 2.5m snow within 24 hours. The guy is standing on the local road.

At the right you can see my first XC90. Took only 24hrs to get that amount of snow. Grounded us for nearly a week inside the valley, no in or out, but big tourist spot with enough hotels and shops to get the time by.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lotti_snow_01.jpg (249.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg lotti_snow_02.jpg (388.9 KB, 26 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paddy74 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2020, 23:46   #100
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy74 View Post
Uh great, we are at the stage, where we post dog pics. Count me in

It's from a few years ago, winter 2011 in Austria. Charlotte is getting her moneys worth out of the snow. Two hours or a bad look for me, when going inside. What you can't see are 2.5m snow within 24 hours. The guy is standing on the local road.

At the right you can see my first XC90. Took only 24hrs to get that amount of snow. Grounded us for nearly a week inside the valley, no in or out, but big tourist spot with enough hotels and shops to get the time by.
WOW, now that is some snow, not seen out that deep since the 80's over here
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post: