Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Starting issue still.

Views : 9262

Replies : 200

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 30th, 2020, 10:33   #51
Bashy
Aged Member

I dont theyre in business anymore as the number is invalid, my phone shows its the correct number as it brings up the name of the garage, its dead, thanks anyway.

I do have Vida on my other lappy and Dice, not got a clue what I am doing with it mind......

I have emailed matey re injector...
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 30th, 2020, 10:55   #52
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

That's annoying that the number is dead - i just rechecked to see if there were any other numbers but nothing different came up. I did find a listing for a company of the same name in Bury St Edmunds, possible he's moved but that's a bit further than Old Buckenham so defeats the object which was finding something closer.

Which injector is it that you've emailed about?

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2020, 10:59   #53
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
That's annoying that the number is dead - i just rechecked to see if there were any other numbers but nothing different came up. I did find a listing for a company of the same name in Bury St Edmunds, possible he's moved but that's a bit further than Old Buckenham so defeats the object which was finding something closer.

Which injector is it that you've emailed about?
The one I just bought off of ebay
Old Nov 30th, 2020, 11:05   #54
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
The one I just bought off of ebay
Aaaah, to see if they'll replace it?

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Old Nov 30th, 2020, 11:13   #55
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Aaaah, to see if they'll replace it?
Can always hope
Old Nov 30th, 2020, 12:10   #56
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Good luck!

Old Nov 30th, 2020, 16:32   #57
Willow place

Hey ,Bashy, have you tried Norfolk Volvo Spares I have tried to find their last invoice for more info to no avail !! Most of there stuff is S/Hand .
Willow place is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willow place For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 30th, 2020, 18:25   #58
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow place View Post
Hey ,Bashy, have you tried Norfolk Volvo Spares I have tried to find their last invoice for more info to no avail !! Most of there stuff is S/Hand .
http://www.norfolkvolvospares.co.uk/

That should have all the info you need to get in touch. Worth a phone call (Mark is very helpful) to see if he has spares not listed on ebay or perhaps might be able to suggest a possible cause.

Just had a thought, tomorrow when you take the hounds for their first trot, when you start the car, before turning the key, floor the throttle and hold it there until it fires. This will give some clues depending on what happens.

Old Dec 1st, 2020, 01:55   #59
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow place View Post
Thanks willow
Old Dec 1st, 2020, 02:17   #60
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
http://www.norfolkvolvospares.co.uk/

That should have all the info you need to get in touch. Worth a phone call (Mark is very helpful) to see if he has spares not listed on ebay or perhaps might be able to suggest a possible cause.

Just had a thought, tomorrow when you take the hounds for their first trot, when you start the car, before turning the key, floor the throttle and hold it there until it fires. This will give some clues depending on what happens.
Cheers for the link

Yesterday morning I feathered it quite a was down, ie on and off to about half way down, quickly, I can try the foot to floor this morning, looks like it will be cooler too by about 2C with a biting wind. Didnt hear back from eBay, least it was only about £35 I think it was, still, not the point so may raise a dispute yet....

Gonna speak to Willows idea later, hopefully still in business....

PS, poss snow/sleet Friday.....