Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

FM modulator

Views : 2494

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 03:21   #11
PaddyB

I bought one of these.

I'm happy with it
PaddyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2019, 20:11   #12
theharomaster

had the same problem with trying to have my phone connect to car stereo
found the bluetooth fm transmitter spot on
hands free calling
listen to music from my phone using jog wheel on transmitter
really chuffed I found something which didn't involve removing stereo and doing
any hardwiring!
found 87.5 was the only frequency that didn't have any interference
on the Bay from £5!!
definitely recommend even thought I'm really into my music hifi etc
sound from normal stereo is great
theharomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2019, 15:46   #13
Goco6449

Default Excellent item

Bought a version of that from Amazon works exceptionally well and can recommend .....this version is better than mine as controls on top easier to use may have to look for that one ....
As with you 87.5 works best in our area did buy my son a version that self searched for free frequencies but alas he is in Germany with said equipment will try and find out its name .
Belkin clearscan was the name of it .

Last edited by Goco6449; Dec 8th, 2019 at 16:03.
Goco6449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2019, 15:07   #14
pdig

Thumbs up

Thank you very much for the replies. Been a bit busy to progress. Looking at again now. Thanks again.
pdig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2020, 09:34   #15
pdig

Thumbs up

Thank you for your replies.

This is the unit I went with.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth...72.m2749.l2649

There are better looking models available. But this is quite small so fits into the central store box easily or into the ash tray (which I use as a store box). So the transmitter can be in stalled and unplugged each journey.

Also being small, the unit does not get in the way of the gear stick or handbrake or anything else, when plugged in to the front cigarette lighter.

The unit first gives a short reading of car battery charge level which is interesting. The unit then connects by Bluetooth to the smart phone. Then the unit has to be set to a frequency of your choice depending on which frequency is clearest in the area.

Once connected, the unit can have its broadcast volume adjusted to match the radio level of the other channels, so if you decide to change radio channels now and again the general volume level is equal. If there's a phone call then the unit broadcasts to the car radio, and the unit has a built in mic, and this handsfree feature works really well. Also, if using a satnav on the phone, the satnav will be broadcast to the radio frequency, and there is an auto sound adjust to let the sat nav come across the car radio after which the radio volume gradually fades in again.

Only downside is that any radio channels broadcasting on frequencies near the frequency chosen for the unit (to broadcast to the car radio) has some interference. EG my unit is set to 87.6 FM but for Radio 2 about 88-91FM there is some interference in the lower sections of the radio 2 frequency range. But not really a problem as if the unit is plugged in, the purpose is to listen via the phone internet radio and not to use the normal car radio. And as mentioned, at the end of the journey the unit just gets removed from the cigarette lighter and stored, so the car radio is set for normal listening.
pdig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 02:37   #16
PaddyB

Try the other end of the range; mine is on 107.8 - there are no stations near me on that frequency.
PaddyB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PaddyB For This Useful Post:

Tags
modulator, nokia ck-7w