Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Veronica the V40 £395

Views : 664

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 10th, 2011, 19:01   #1
SteveTDCi

Default Veronica the V40 £395

I did put this up once before but I decided to at least drive it .....

but after a week behind the wheel its not for me, so up forsale is the V40.

Its a 1998 "R" 1.8CDi, 122bhp.

It has covered 118k and has some service history, although not much in the past few years. I've started and will continued the clean up process and its not a bad car, inside is black leather and i can confirm both the seats are heated and work everything else inside works including the climate control.

You have the usual toys, electric windows all round, electric sunroof, arm rest etc, i've replaced the bulbs in the heater display and this works fine now. It will need a radio, I can either leave the single din faceplate in or you can have the original volvo CD palyer which has a craked LCD and i'm not sure if it works. I can leave the Alpine CD player in but this will be an additional amount.

It has tax until January 2012, Mot until Feb 2012, the tyres are all legal and i've just replaced the thermostat so it now sits at 89 deg, once up and running it drives well although the tyres seem a little noisy and it does "judder" when pulling away in first, this i'm hoping is a rear engine mount but could be the DMF, i don't know which, so please take this into consideration. The rear discs could do with changing and it doesn't seem the quickest thing alive. I have 2 keys and one remote.

Body work, its ok, there is some peeling paint on the rear bumper, the laquer has blistered slightly on the bonnet and the whole car could do with a machine polish, which if i get time i will do.

I have the V5 and have owned the car for 4 weeks having purchased it for £410 off ebay.

The car would suit someone who either wants to fix it up or run something for a few months, or even break it if you have the time or space. I'll advertise it here but it will also go on ebay and pistonheads, although both at higher amounts,

Any questions please ask, or email/post them

Some pictures can be found by following the link below,

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=136423
SteveTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2011, 16:02   #2
puntodan
Master Member

Am interested in the car but got to wait for payday sadly, the 24th. Hopefully if its still around I'll be in touch.

Dan
puntodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 17:20   #3
SteveTDCi

Hi, It is provisionally sold to the guy i bought it off, he hates his new car, but ... if it falls through i'll let you know, he intends to pick it up on the 19th, so if he decides no then i'd be happy to hold it for a few extra days. Let me know
SteveTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote