Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Replacement exhaust system 2.3 940

Views : 576

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 18th, 2019, 17:39   #1
ie940

Default Replacement exhaust system 2.3 940

I'm in need of an exhaust system for my 940 estate 1996. Minimum just a centre box, but maybe a full cat back as the "backbox delete" is a bit ropey (made out of an old downpipe I had ).

I've ordered a Klarius centre box from Euros and it's grim, looks like they bent the tubes by driving over it. 90% of the pipe is 10-20mm under the intended size, especially that silly flat spot they put in the pipe for that crossmember.

Are there any suppliers/brands people have had success with?
ie940 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ie940 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2019, 18:48   #2
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ie940 View Post
I'm in need of an exhaust system for my 940 estate 1996. Minimum just a centre box, but maybe a full cat back as the "backbox delete" is a bit ropey (made out of an old downpipe I had ).

I've ordered a Klarius centre box from Euros and it's grim, looks like they bent the tubes by driving over it. 90% of the pipe is 10-20mm under the intended size, especially that silly flat spot they put in the pipe for that crossmember.

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=295766

That thread may give you some help, alternatively try online automotive but i doubt you'll get anything better than what you got from ECP unless you pay for something like Bosal :

https://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/

Alternatively you could try Rock Auto but i dread to think what the shipping would be from the USA and the tailpipe would be on the wrong side too.

https://www.rockauto.com/

Sadly the general quality of aftermarket parts has gone downhill in recent years, best you can hope for is that you can get it to fit and it works these days.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2019, 20:25   #3
ie940

Cheers, I think I may have to order a Bosal from abroad then
ie940 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ie940 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2019, 21:00   #4
Jebus
VOC Member

Genuine Volvo isn't much different in the price compared to most aftermarket ones

2005 S60 2.0T the baby T5
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jebus For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2019, 21:13   #5
griston64
Premier Member

You can get Bosal here https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/...45/4739-2-3-ti
griston64 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to griston64 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2019, 22:17   #6
bob12
bob12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ie940 View Post

Must say in defence of Klarius I have never had a problem with their parts from Europarts as long as they are not E/parts bodged returns which it sounds like what you got!! Surely you could see the deformity when you collected it or maybe it was a delivery item.

My Klarius middle box (6 years old) has been replaced very recently with a Klarius part from E/parts with absolutely no problems. Bob
bob12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bob12 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2019, 22:33   #7
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob12 View Post
Must say in defence of Klarius I have never had a problem with their parts from Europarts as long as they are not E/parts bodged returns which it sounds like what you got!! Surely you could see the deformity when you collected it or maybe it was a delivery item.

My Klarius middle box (6 years old) has been replaced very recently with a Klarius part from E/parts with absolutely no problems. Bob
I suspect it was a Euroflo item Bob, i've seen a few like that. Euroflo are cheap and the build quality leaves a lot to be desired and almost always has to be "adjusted to fit" but it has one big selling point - it's cheap.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 19th, 2019, 00:45   #8
bob12
bob12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
I suspect it was a Euroflo item Bob, i've seen a few like that. Euroflo are cheap and the build quality leaves a lot to be desired and almost always has to be "adjusted to fit" but it has one big selling point - it's cheap.
As said Dave, I haven't had a problem with Klarius from E/parts. I always collect locally and always ensure it's not a return which has been 'buzered' by a previous buyer .... something for which E/parts are famous for trying to pass on considering their inept 'client' base!

E/parts are cheap, yes, on the right day, but are sound in my view for everyday use. My last Klarius mid-box lasted 6 years, and the back box of the same vintage is still going strong, rather than one I had from some supplier that belched out no end of fibre glass from the tail pile when it imploded on itself!! You would have thought I was a newly married couple driving down the road!

The other day I was driving past KwikFit and whose van was going in; none other than one of the local E/parts delivery vans!

Bob
bob12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bob12 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 19th, 2019, 01:24   #9
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Have a look at this link Bob :

http://www.euroflo.co.uk/

Nothing to do with ECP except that ECP sell them, as do many other similar suppliers. THe "Euro" bit of their names is the only link they have and that is accidental. Owned by Maniflo Exhausts, Euroflo were intended to be a budget standard replacement - unfortunately replacement isn't always a standard proceedure of remove and fit new.

The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 19th, 2019, 03:12   #10
TonyS9
Premier Member

The original Volvo ones had the flat spot too, I always thought it looked bad.

Goto a custom exhaust place and get a stainless one made, not much more then original volvo. Anything else isn't worth buying.
TonyS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyS9 For This Useful Post: