Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Cold feet

Views : 3260

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 11th, 2019, 11:59   #11
Whaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
Goodness me! Why don’t you simply direct the air more equitably on the Sensus screen so that more air comes out at your feet? You could lock this into your profile and key. Of course there are vents down there.
Haha, now there's a thought.!

Trust me, I've tried various combinations. With the emphasis on your feet the upper part of the cabin doesn't seem to get warm at all (at least, not during my 45 - 50 minute commute), with the emphasis on body and feet you may as well turn the feet off...

With my current settings (24 degrees, Auto, F/S 3) the interior should be getting quite toasty but it isn't, it's pleasant, eventually. I have seriously taken to wearing a jacket over my suit in the morning...

The heating and ventilation doesn't seem to work like any car I've had before. Other than on max defrost there isn't a strong airflow from any vent, regardless of the settings used, I put this down to being a design feature and the 'car' managing the flow to achieve the desired result without driver and/or passenger getting a blast of air?

I do probably need to get it into the dealer to check it over but unfortunately, I don't have a dealer on my doorstep and when you work full time, it's an inconvenience...

If my experience isn't common across S90 owners then there is possibly a fault and I will need to make arrangements to get it checked.!
Old Nov 11th, 2019, 20:24   #12
JC888

Quote:
Goodness me! Why don’t you simply direct the air more equitably on the Sensus screen so that more air comes out at your feet? You could lock this into your profile and key. Of course there are vents down there.
Who knows, vents could be blocked

I've set the airflow to manual directed only to the footwell area but it's not like other cars I've owned. Barely feel anything so set it back to full auto after 30 minutes. Maybe I should wait longer.
Old Nov 12th, 2019, 01:12   #13
Quacker
Premier Member

I can only surmise that your cars are faulty. I have no issue whatsoever with the HVAC on my 2017 model [Nov 2016 built] XC90 D5. For the most part it’s left in Auto and temp set around 19 to 20 in Summer and 21 to 22 in Winter and it gets nice and toasty in no time at all.
Do sometimes set it to max demist occasionally if there is condensation on glass. The control for that is a proper button. No heated windscreen or auxiliary heater fitted to this car.
Old Nov 12th, 2019, 02:06   #14
anotherv60
Master Member

I’m fairly certain the temperature is The so called “perceived temperature” that is it’s not actually 22 degrees C but a perceived 22 deg C, this is going to run into issues as everyone “perceives temperature a little different” the other thing I have noticed is that if you cover the sensor on the dash, it’s on the row with the hazard light button with say a mobile phone either fully or the phone is in close proximity then this affects the climate performance.
Old Nov 12th, 2019, 22:15   #15
MCV60
Master Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
I can only surmise that your cars are faulty. I have no issue whatsoever with the HVAC on my 2017 model [Nov 2016 built] XC90 D5. For the most part it’s left in Auto and temp set around 19 to 20 in Summer and 21 to 22 in Winter and it gets nice and toasty in no time at all.
Do sometimes set it to max demist occasionally if there is condensation on glass. The control for that is a proper button. No heated windscreen or auxiliary heater fitted to this car.

I concur with all of the above. Take yours back to the dealers.
Old Nov 13th, 2019, 09:40   #16
familymangreg
Premier Member

My MY17 D5 is simply left in auto, with small seasonal adjustments to the temperature as other have said, really don't need to interact with it much at all. I have never noticed cold (or warm in summer) footwells.

My only gripe is that it does take longer to produce hot air on a cold morning than any other car I've ever owned (and yes I am comparing to other diesel cars!).

:wq
Old Nov 14th, 2019, 17:12   #17
James77

My climate is always on auto. Checked last night warm air on passenger side foot well emanates from above the accelerator pedal
Old Nov 14th, 2019, 17:38   #18
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James77 View Post
My climate is always on auto. Checked last night warm air on passenger side foot well emanates from above the accelerator pedal
That's fine for the driver, but can't be very good for the passenger!!

Old Nov 14th, 2019, 21:34   #19
James77

Quote:
Originally Posted by James77 View Post
Oops apologies that's not right. In a nut shell my feet aren't cold.
Old Dec 6th, 2019, 03:54   #20
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
My MY17 D5 is simply left in auto, with small seasonal adjustments to the temperature as other have said, really don't need to interact with it much at all. I have never noticed cold (or warm in summer) footwells.

My only gripe is that it does take longer to produce hot air on a cold morning than any other car I've ever owned (and yes I am comparing to other diesel cars!).

Perhaps thats because its on auto, does it not require to get to a certain temp before it fires up the fan else it would make you feel colder. I could be really wrong but i am sure the Volvo are the faster heating that i have used, i found my S70 T5, C70 T5 and now this current diesel to be pretty quick to heat up, thats comparing to Laguna, years, 02, 04 & 08, Focus, Fiesta, Astra, not gonna mention the rovers and many more lol, damn'it, i said i wasnt gonna mention them......