Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Bluetooth audio streaming

Views : 1538

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 26th, 2021, 22:23   #1
Inglewood

Default Bluetooth audio streaming

Sorry if it’s an old thread but I am thinking about buying a 2012 R Design XC60 D5 and really need it to play my Spotify music from my iPhone - my question is does it do this without any technical issues please?

Thank you

Mark
Inglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2021, 23:08   #2
Deck1ng
Master Member

Well I can on my 2012 D5 SE AWD DRIVe, XC60.
Deck1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deck1ng For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 21:01   #3
Inglewood

Change of plan - I now have a 2008 XC60 SE Lux with the High Performance audio upgrade (£400 I think at the time).
What options do I now have to Bluetooth stream my Spotify music from the phone or will I need a cable or a FM transmitter thing plugged into the 12v socket?

Mark
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 21:41   #4
bomberfr0g

I had an early 2010 xc60 before bluetooth audio, just had bluetooth phone.
workaround for me was to buy a very cheap bluetooth receiver from your friendly auction site that plugged into the 3.5 mm aux plug in the armrest holder and I hardwired a cheap usb power supply to the fuse box in the footwell using a piggy back fuse and tucked it all under the side panel of the centre console.
downside to this setup is you have to change tracks with your phone as the steering wheel controls wont work for the aux,
get a decent phone holder and i turned on gestures so a quick swipe changed tracks without looking.
Not ideal by any means but a working solution to use spotify for less than £15 and an hour or so effort
My next volvo was a v60 that had the bluetooth audio
hope that helps
bomberfr0g is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bomberfr0g For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 23:59   #5
jasmith44
jasmith44

Can't you just put your music on a USB and use that.I have about 2000 songs on usb's in my car.I don't think there are any differences in infotainment systems between cars.
Old Mar 30th, 2021, 06:27   #6
Inglewood

Being not that technical but wouldn’t having the lead from the phone plugged into the USB input allow me to play from the phone and using the phone to control song selecting?

Anyone had any experience with Bluetooth FM transmitters used to stream via an unused FM channel and which plug into the 12v socket?

Mark
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 17:04   #7
myaquarium

I connected an Alexa auto thru the aux in being powered by the usb next to the aux in. All inside arm rest
I did have a problem that Alexa would not respond when I turned on ignition.
Solution was buying a switched usb cable £2 So after starting up I quickly switch off/on cable. This then connected to phone seamlessly and hey presto Alexa in car.
You can also connect via Bluetooth but I found it glitchy.
myaquarium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to myaquarium For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 10th, 2021, 10:18   #8
MattLo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood View Post
Change of plan - I now have a 2008 XC60 SE Lux with the High Performance audio upgrade (£400 I think at the time).
What options do I now have to Bluetooth stream my Spotify music from the phone or will I need a cable or a FM transmitter thing plugged into the 12v socket?
I can't find an online source whether the 2008 interface has bluetooth, but prior to getting my 2012 s60 which just autoplays spotify from my phone when it connects, I used a bluetooth aux device that worked well enough on another car. Just turned the bluetooth device on with the radio set to aux, net phone connected automatically and started playing. You could always try the same?
MattLo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MattLo For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 11:16   #9
Pointer7

Inglewood,

I can stream Spotify via bluetooth in my 14' S60 however, you can't rewind/fast forward with any of the controls (including steering wheel controls, I think this is more a Spotify issue than anything)

I bought a second hand Ipod Nano, connected it via USB and hey presto all steering controls work and it sounds great
Pointer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pointer7 For This Useful Post: