Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S40 / V50 + PureHighway 600

Views : 866

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 17:30   #1
andy_d
Premier Member

Default S40 / V50 + PureHighway 600

have any of you lot fitted A Pure Highway 600 ?
if so "good/bad/dont bother"

reason is the current Handfree solution i have has just decided "me no workie" and before splashing out on a replacement of the same i thought id ask as a DAB+ u/g might be nice,, if it works

Premium stereo system
No AUX NO phone No BT
Fm to radio is the only option.

cheers
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 19:23   #2
Brione

Hi I don't use the highway model but something similar called Pop yourCAR 3.0 Dab. Phone connects to it via Bluetooth or aux. You then select which FM frequency to broadcast it and off you go. Works well in my V50. Can answer calls with the touch of 1 button on the unit. Can stream music from various apps and the dab signal is good. So I would imagine the Highway 600 would be even better as the one I have cost only £35.

Hope this is of some help?

Cheers.

Brione
Brione is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brione For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 21:36   #3
andy_d
Premier Member

looks a ok unit, i wouldnt be placing much on the cost as any indicator of quality
some of the units costing "lots of £" can turn out to be utter "oh dear"
The Following User Says Thank You to andy_d For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 21:49   #4
iainmd

Yes, I have a Highway 600. Very happy with it. Luckily our V50 has an Aux-in so ours is plumbed into that but hands-free calling, bluetooth audio, DAB radio all great. The control unit squeezes in behind the dash and it's permanent power comes from the cargo area 12v socket. I'd recommend it for sure but can't comment on the FM transmitter function given I don't use it.

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iainmd For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 01:29   #5
jimlo

+2 for Pure Highway 600

I live-work in NWest/Yorks pennines and I have never had a problem with the DAB signal. Bluetooth/Handsfree work brilliantly too.

I attached the windscreen aerial to the rear passenger side boot window so it's off the windscreen - on the v50 (without sunroof) there's an access hole in the centre of the headlining to help run cables. From there it runs down the passenger A pillar and down to the footwell - got a 12v cigarette lighter socket hard wired behind the passenger carpet - I've also got Aux in behind the waterfall.

The controller is wireless so you can put that wherever it suits.
jimlo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimlo For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 13:49   #6
andy_d
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlo View Post
+2 for Pure Highway 600

I live-work in NWest/Yorks pennines and I have never had a problem with the DAB signal. Bluetooth/Handsfree work brilliantly too.

I attached the windscreen aerial to the rear passenger side boot window so it's off the windscreen - on the v50 (without sunroof) there's an access hole in the centre of the headlining to help run cables. From there it runs down the passenger A pillar and down to the footwell - got a 12v cigarette lighter socket hard wired behind the passenger carpet - I've also got Aux in behind the waterfall.

The controller is wireless so you can put that wherever it suits.
neat idea with the aerial on the boot side window.
i shall have to have a look and see if that's a possible, car has a sunroof + the interior alarm sensors ,possibly where your access hole is.
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 21:58   #7
jimlo

Pretty sure the access hole in my car's headlining is where your sunroof will be Andy - I used some electricians feed rods to run the cables (about 3mm thick) - there seemed to be loads of room - I didn't hit any cables or sensors, I don't think!

The cables from the highway receiver are hardwired and are quite long - I'd bought usb and 3.5mm audio extension cables but I didn't need either in the end.

Hope it works for you - it's much neater without the receiver on your windscreen.
jimlo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimlo For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 23:00   #8
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_d View Post
have any of you lot fitted A Pure Highway 600 ?
if so "good/bad/dont bother"

reason is the current Handfree solution i have has just decided "me no workie" and before splashing out on a replacement of the same i thought id ask as a DAB+ u/g might be nice,, if it works

Premium stereo system
No AUX NO phone No BT
Fm to radio is the only option.

cheers
Yes that is the updated version of the unit volvo offered as an accessory about 10 years ago , ( 300i version ? ) it worked well and came with the full fitting kit for the model ..
Old Apr 5th, 2021, 15:56   #9
andy_d
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Yes that is the updated version of the unit volvo offered as an accessory about 10 years ago , ( 300i version ? ) it worked well and came with the full fitting kit for the model ..
thankies, the 600 has the hands free which is mostly what id want it for, shame the "volvo specific fitting kit" is no longer on offer.

10 years ago was About when i was changing the 940 for the S40...
Old Apr 5th, 2021, 18:00   #10
Willber G
Upstanding Member

I don't know if you're going to get it but shop around as the price varies from about £60 to £160.
The Following User Says Thank You to Willber G For This Useful Post: