Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fog Light Blanking Covers

Views : 1024

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 1st, 2010, 20:13   #1
gmain1967
Premier Member

Default Fog Light Blanking Covers

As above, anyone got a couple of foglight covers to suit a phase 1 front end?

My bumper/spoiler is from another vehicle and has one foglight (the other aperture has the cold air intake for the filter)... I am looking for two covers in order that I can balance the appearance up, and attach the cold air intake to the cover on one side.

Cheers
gmain1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2010, 01:42   #2
Baffler
Premier Member

I only removed these cover plates from my S40 TD the other day and installed some fog lamps. One lets air through and the other not. I suppose you could adapt the closed one to allow the air to flow through.

If you want them PM me your address and I'll get them in the post

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2010, 14:49   #3
s40rch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffler View Post
I only removed these cover plates from my S40 TD the other day and installed some fog lamps. One lets air through and the other not. I suppose you could adapt the closed one to allow the air to flow through.

If you want them PM me your address and I'll get them in the post
Baffler you said you installed some fog lamps to yours, did you have to do anything other then connect the lamps to the existing connections? Which model do you have?

Guesing its the 98 S40?
Ryan

Last edited by s40rch; Jun 4th, 2010 at 14:50. Reason: s40
s40rch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2010, 11:39   #4
Baffler
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s40rch View Post
Baffler you said you installed some fog lamps to yours, did you have to do anything other then connect the lamps to the existing connections? Which model do you have?

Guesing its the 98 S40?
Ryan
Hi Ryan,

I fitted them to my '98 S40 TD. Apparently fog lamps don't come fitted on the early turbo diesel and I now know why. The oil cooler rad is located behind the OS fog lamp and the intercooler rad is behind the NS lamp. Once the lamps were fitted to the bumper I had to persuade some pipes and a bracket out of the way in order for the bumper to go back on. There was no wiring loom on my TD for the front fog lamps so I need to hard wire them.

The above may only apply to the early turbo diesels. I would imagine all petrol models are wired for the fog lamp option.

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2010, 13:37   #5
s40rch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffler View Post
Hi Ryan,

I fitted them to my '98 S40 TD. Apparently fog lamps don't come fitted on the early turbo diesel and I now know why. The oil cooler rad is located behind the OS fog lamp and the intercooler rad is behind the NS lamp. Once the lamps were fitted to the bumper I had to persuade some pipes and a bracket out of the way in order for the bumper to go back on. There was no wiring loom on my TD for the front fog lamps so I need to hard wire them.

The above may only apply to the early turbo diesels. I would imagine all petrol models are wired for the fog lamp option.
Well i installed and plugged in the lights and i got a warning light come on, i have disconected the lamps now but the warning light still comes on, i will get it reset soonish!

I belive I have to replace the relay located behind the instrement panel, I am trying to source one at the moment, I am hoping it is just going to plug in and then work! I also have a switch for the foglights.

My model doesnt have a CEM.

As the foglight fitting is a H3 I am tempted to upgrade them to HID xenon's
s40rch is offline   Reply With Quote