Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VOLVO Recall 2020 (seat belts)

Views : 8518

Replies : 67

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 21st, 2021, 13:38   #51
Oak

I've just phoned Cardiff Volvo and they're still awaiting more parts.

If you've ever been to Cardiff Volvo before they've added you to their own internal list and will work through that list when they get parts apparently.
Old Feb 18th, 2021, 09:27   #52
MKY73

Just had my XC70 2011 in for 180,000 service etc and been told “the seatbelt has been dealt with”
MKY73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2021, 10:38   #53
apersson850
Premier Member

Had mine fixed two days ago. They simply remove the extension, inside which the infamous wire is residing.
Depending on the car, this extension may be on both sides, or only one.
apersson850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2021, 19:16   #54
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev0607 View Post
Following on from my earlier post in this thread, both cars (my S80 & my Dad's V70) were dropped into the local dealership recently for what I/we thought was going to be a few hours to do the recall work. Its worth noting that this is how it was explained to me when I made the booking... drop your cars (two) off on 10th December, parts for the recall work were due to arrive in November (booked for December) & both cars will be at the dealership for around two hours with the work being completed on the day.

So we both arrive in the morning, park up & I walked into reception. I spoke to a lady who called a technician from the workshop who followed me out to our cars. He looked at both seatbelts & said "They're fine". So I questioned him as to what happens next, thinking he'd take keys from us etc. He then said that they're still waiting for parts to arrive (I was told they'd be there in November) & only the cars that don't pass the visual inspection are treated as priority & fixed immediately or ASAP, but those that pass the visual inspection aren't fixed on the day & are left to be fixed in due course!

So all in all, I was at the dealership for about ten minutes rushing like mad trying to make it on time through traffic for a "visual inspection". This wasn't explained when I made the original booking.

We have to wait for a letter to arrive from Volvo again, then rebook to get the recall done (that could take months).
Still nothing received from Volvo...
Old Mar 26th, 2021, 20:44   #55
bmwshooting

Default Volvo recall (seat belts)

D5 polestar had seat belt recall done today at Rybrook Volvo Chester booked in at 1pm replaced and out by 20 past 1pm nice reception area coffee if you wanted it all COVID precautions in place has any one had service done by them
bmwshooting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 21:30   #56
XC70Virgin

Got mine done a couple of weeks ago and the XC60 a couple of weeks before that. 30 mins each.
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 00:11   #57
Kev0607
Premier Member

30th December 2020

Quote:
Following on from my earlier post in this thread, both cars (my S80 & my Dad's V70) were dropped into the local dealership recently for what I/we thought was going to be a few hours to do the recall work. Its worth noting that this is how it was explained to me when I made the booking... drop your cars (two) off on 10th December, parts for the recall work were due to arrive in November (booked for December) & both cars will be at the dealership for around two hours with the work being completed on the day.

So we both arrive in the morning, park up & I walked into reception. I spoke to a lady who called a technician from the workshop who followed me out to our cars. He looked at both seatbelts & said "They're fine". So I questioned him as to what happens next, thinking he'd take keys from us etc. He then said that they're still waiting for parts to arrive (I was told they'd be there in November) & only the cars that don't pass the visual inspection are treated as priority & fixed immediately or ASAP, but those that pass the visual inspection aren't fixed on the day & are left to be fixed in due course!

So all in all, I was at the dealership for about ten minutes rushing like mad trying to make it on time through traffic for a "visual inspection". This wasn't explained when I made the original booking.

We have to wait for a letter to arrive from Volvo again, then rebook to get the recall done (that could take months).
18th February 2021

Quote:
Still nothing received from Volvo...
I've still heard nothing... I'll phone my local Volvo dealership & find out what's going on.

Last edited by Kev0607; Apr 11th, 2021 at 00:14.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 15:48   #58
Custard Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC70Virgin View Post
Got mine done a couple of weeks ago and the XC60 a couple of weeks before that. 30 mins each.
Did you notice any issues on the XC60?

My buckle now sits about 6inches lower than before making it awkward to grab.
Custard Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 22:44   #59
XC70Virgin

Not really. The latch is just on a rigid mount rather than the flexible wire but no appreciable difference.
Old Jul 10th, 2021, 00:49   #60
Kev0607
Premier Member

We (me & my dad) received letters this week regarding the recall. I've booked both cars in next week (again).

I did tell the lady I spoke to when making the arrangements that this is the second time I've had to bring the cars in (first time was December 2020)... she apologised for the inconvenience, but there wasn't really much she could say I suppose.

The last time the appointments were arranged, we turned up with the cars & a technician come outside, had a quick glance & basically said both seat belts/attachments were fine & they were only doing a visual inspections in the first instance. The ones that pass the visual are left alone & will have to come back again in future, but the ones that fail are fixed immediately. They didn't have enough parts on site to fix all cars that arrived in supposedly & he didn't know when more parts were being delivered. So in theory, the first appointment was a waste of time.

I hope next week that they actually do the recall work on both cars properly & not just have a quick glance & send us on our way. I won't be happy otherwise & will demand that the works are done, as going back a third time would be beyond a joke.

The lady I spoke to also mentioned that both cars need an oil level recall? I don't know what this is exactly & neither did she. I'm assuming its relating to the oil fill level, which I already know about because there's a sticker in the engine bay that says the oil only needs to be filled to the 3/4 mark. If that's the case, that recall has already been done on both cars (hence why there's stickers on both slam panels) & maybe they didn't update their records?

So basically, two seat belt recalls & two oil level recalls for us (My S80 & Dad's V70). I'll let you know how it goes!

Last edited by Kev0607; Jul 10th, 2021 at 00:54.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote