Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

PV Register Keeper

Views : 29877

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 27th, 2016, 13:22   #1
nigel335
Director/ Register Keeper

Default PV Register Keeper

After many years and as he no longer owns or runs a PV Keith Wilson has decided to step down as the Register Keeper for the PV 444/PV 544 models.

Keith will remain running the motor Sport Section.
On behalf of the Board of Directors and all club members I would like to thank Keith for his efforts in looking after the Register over the last few years. 
many thanks Keith and very good luck with the motor sport.

Nigel Ayling
Director

If any member would like to take on the role of Register Keeper for the PV models please contact Nigel Ayling by phone for informal chat.

REGISTER KEEPER

JOB DESCRIPTION

The aim of the position of the Register Keeper is to be a focal point within the Volvo Owners Club for other members with a similar model of Volvo car.

These guidelines for the position of Register Keeper as set out by the Board of Directors of the Volvo Owners Club are only guidelines and some flexibility can be incorporated where appropriate. If required the advice of a Director should be sought.

The Register Keeper may keep a record of all such members but should take all precautions to protect the personal data held so as not to breach any part of the Data Protection Act. Personal data must not be sent to any other person or organisation without the permission of the person concerned. It is preferable to obtain that permission in writing. An appropriate declaration may be added to any registration form the Register Keeper may use to create records.

The Register Keeper should be able to assist members with matters that affect their model of Volvo car, be it technical or general. When giving technical advice it must be made clear that neither the Register Keeper nor the Volvo Owners Club accepts any liability whatsoever. Where advice is given that would result in the member working on their car they should be advised to take all necessary safety precautions.

Register Keepers are required to provide a report for each edition of the club magazine, Driver. The report should be sent to the director responsible for liaison between the board and Register Keepers, ( currently Nigel Ayling) within the deadline set out on page 3 of Driver.

Register Keepers are encouraged to arrange a rally or meeting for their model of Volvo car. They may arrange such rallies as often as they see fit. Some funding to offset costs may be requested in writing to the Board of Directors.

Register Keepers are encouraged to attend the National Rally, or the Northern/Southern Rallies, to meet members of their Register.
Register Keepers must posses strong inter- personal skills.

It is essential that Register Keepers are able to be readily contactable by members, therefore you must be able to provide a contact telephone number, postal address and an e-mail address.
You must be computer literate.
Appointment to the post is subject of a 6 month probationary period.

Nigel Ayling
Register Keeper Liaison
For and on behalf of the Board of Directors
April 2016

Volvo Owners Club Ltd,
Registered Office,
86 Springfield,
Hartland,
Bideford,
Devon.
EX39 6BG

Last edited by nigel335; Apr 27th, 2016 at 14:44. Reason: advert for New Register Keeper
nigel335 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nigel335 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 30th, 2016, 07:42   #2
jamie
amazon1954

Big thank you to Keith.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jamie For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 30th, 2016, 10:21   #3
Tint

Not been a member long but would like to take the opportunity to thank Keith.
The short time I have been on the forum has been a constant source of interest, wonderful help and guidance, all made possible by those that contribute.
Take care
Steve
Tint is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tint For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 5th, 2018, 21:33   #4
allswede
PC49

Thanks Keith for all the information and care you have given in the past ,
From one ex pv owner to another (still got mine )
Peter Cannon
allswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to allswede For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 27th, 2019, 22:30   #5
Mustang91

Default I’m New Here

Hello, how do I get my 63 PV544 on the Register?
Thanks
Mustang91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mustang91 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 11:16   #6
nigel335

Default PV Register

The Register Keeper for PVs is Andrew Anderson. His details are on page 4 of Volvo Driver.

Nigel Ayling
The Following User Says Thank You to nigel335 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 31st, 2019, 22:40   #7
Mustang91

Default PV Register

How do I get my car on the register?
Mustang91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mustang91 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 1st, 2019, 15:02   #8
nigel335

Default How do I get my PV on the register

You contact the Register Keeper Andrew Anderson who's details are on page 4 of Driver

Nigel Ayling
The Following User Says Thank You to nigel335 For This Useful Post: