Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

740 Saloon****LOW MILEAGE**** for sale

Views : 1079

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 30th, 2010, 09:47   #1
'88740GL

Unhappy 740 Saloon****LOW MILEAGE**** for sale

I'm regrettably selling my silver 740 saloon only after owning for 6 months, due to being partially being made redundant, i cannot afford to run her like i could,

please see my profile pictures on the condition she is is, i have done a bit of work on her also, yes the mileage is the original, as i have checked with VOSA online, and the previous 5 owners have been low mileage drivers.

It has the B200E fuel injected motor, starts everytime no matter how cold, gearbox makes no odd noises and selects every gear excellently. Clutch is smooth, no snags or noises, no slipping. No fluid leaks or smoke, everything works.

Car is sat on alloywheels with tyres (pirelli + firestones) with 5-6mm tread and i have 4 spare tyres on steel rims with same amount of tread to go with her.

MOT till October 2011

Recent New heated rear window fitted (£217)

Cambelt & Spark plugs done 3000 miles ago

Rear brake pads + clips & pins 2 weeks ago

Oil & Filter changed 4000 miles ago

2 lots of each key (main key, service key, petrol cap key) original handbook
+ HAYNES MANUAL + Volvo original radio

Radiator removed and flushed, new water pump gaskets and new coolant

Bodywork is in excellent condition as noted by quite a few people / strangers!
Come and have a look for yourself!

Now the bad points:

passenger side front floor pan has a few rust holes in it, i've properly cut out the rusty metal and primed the bare metal, painted, bridged the gap with a mesh and fibre glass and the sealed both sides with underbodyseal (these holes were about 1-1/4 inch in size, the rest of the floor pan is solid, and doesnt let water in.

Advisory notice states the anti roll bar bushes are splitting. BUT i have the bushes here waiting to be fitted and the link bars on order.
- - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -- - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This car was neglected by previous owners and i've done the best to my abilities and affordability to give her the love she needs, her road tax has just run out today, but i can tax it at your cost (6 months £112.75)

I'm open for sensible offers, i'm looking to get at least £410 for a car that you can drive away in and have every confidence that it will start everytime you need to use it.

***The car was undersealed by my own hands during the heat of summer, in preparation for winter, just as well!****

Please view my profile gallery, and any questions or wanting to view, please PM me on here for contact details.

Thank you!
'88740GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2010, 15:33   #2
Scotteth
The Reverse Hearse

Any photos fella???

Ideally I'd prefer a rust free example, but might be interested
Scotteth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2010, 16:55   #3
'88740GL

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotteth View Post
Any photos fella???

Ideally I'd prefer a rust free example, but might be interested
Yep, sure, if you can see my profile pictures, they are on there, if not, just see the links below, Thanks!

http://s1041.photobucket.com/albums/...Volvo%20740GL/
Old Nov 30th, 2010, 22:50   #4
Scotteth
The Reverse Hearse

Thanks for that fella, sure looks like a lovely old bus

I think I'll leave it though dude, bit too much for me taking tax and rust into consideration

GLWS though
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 11:12   #5
'88740GL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotteth View Post
Thanks for that fella, sure looks like a lovely old bus

I think I'll leave it though dude, bit too much for me taking tax and rust into consideration

GLWS though
no problems, the rust isnt a problem now, the tax is pretty dear though..
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 13:29   #6
Scotteth
The Reverse Hearse

It's the tax that mainly puts me off dude, the current 940 is taxed until April and I dont have that much in it

Sure it will sell quick enough though, lovely old tank it is!
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 14:37   #7
'88740GL

Default ****car not for sale anymore****

Considering the low response to the ad, i'll finish my 6 more months of insurance i have left on the car, and have another think about it.

Thank you!