Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S60 Wing Mirror Indicator Bulb

Views : 781

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 16th, 2017, 22:35   #1
KamiAzaaaaaa

Default S60 Wing Mirror Indicator Bulb

Quick check today shows that my right wing mirror indicator appears to have died!

I've checked the manual and Google'd but for the life of me I can't find a firm answer to what type of bulb it is!

I don't even know if it's a bulb or if it's an LED ! Could anyone shed some light (pun intended) on what I need to order?
KamiAzaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2018, 21:21   #2
Brianvs60

Sorry to bring up a pretty old post - but it's a search result which came up for me in a bulb replacement context - so, is this an easy job? Is it mirror glass out, or housing off?
Old Aug 4th, 2018, 12:02   #3
jasmith44
jasmith44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianvs60 View Post
Sorry to bring up a pretty old post - but it's a search result which came up for me in a bulb replacement context - so, is this an easy job? Is it mirror glass out, or housing off?
Did you find out ?
Old Aug 13th, 2018, 14:10   #4
Dazbox

On my old commute I cracked the indicator lens in the mirror on a large branch in the hedge on my MY13 V60, this eventually led to the lens going green and the bulb eventually giving up the ghost. I believe Halfords listed it as a bulb but decided I needed to replace the lens as well. Thought I would need a complete new mirror but you can get the lens separately which incorporates the LED bulb and upon further investigation the LED looks to be part of the lens therefore you cannot buy just the bulb.(found it on EBay initially, but the dealer was just as cheap and on the way home)

To replace it the housing needs to come off, which I think is easier with the mirror off, as you need to get at the housing tabs in the mirror, although if you have a long enough screwdriver might be possible without.
Dazbox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazbox For This Useful Post: