Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

general question

Views : 559

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 4th, 2003, 17:57   #1
jason

Hi all,
I know this topic should not really be here but could not resist after seeing this car in the flesh today ,its called a " Maybach" i think ,looks like a bently has a badge on the back MM and a merc badge on the front,based on the defensive driving style of the other 03 merc that surrounded it while on the motorway i d say it expensive to say the least, anyone know what it is?

jason
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 18:12   #2
Andy
Master Member

Default RE: general question

More money than sense!! IMHO

http://www.maybachusa.com/
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 18:27   #3
Ben O Brien

Default RE: general question

hey
maybach 62 i think built by mercedes to compete with and thrash bentley,6.0 V12 under the bonnet and beats a focus rs to 60 according to tiff needell of top gear.still id prefer the looks of a bentley arnage.But then again give me a V70R anyday or a XC90 T6
Best Regards
Ben
82 242 DL 2.3(modifying in progress)
82 244 GL 2.3
89 245 Gl 2.0
91 245 SE 2.0
96 854 S 2.0
Ben O Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 22:54   #4
karlp

There is only one complaint with Volvo V70 - R included.

The interior bodywork rattles - and for a near 40K car that should never be. On my 70R AWD there was always something rattling
1 Sunroof 2. Dash 3. Rear area.

And my car was well looked after and immaculate inside with only 50K on the clock.

Merc or BMW just do not do that and until Volvo get their act together I will not buy another.

My next car when the time comes BMW 330d touring.

Karl